Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great recap.

Spoiler: Don't read until you've finished episode 8 at least, Rob 
    Wondering if Julie is dead or in some hibernation or gestation state. Starting to think, for now at least, that maybe whatever that thing was on the Anubis may be responsible for the attack on the Canterbury. Maybe some hive drone thing going on.
    "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Want a vague answer?

Spoiler: mild mild spoiler 

Dead.

But... the protomolecule is in play now. Just wait.
      Last edited by Martin; 01-29-2016, 12:01 PM.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Nah, I can wait. I like mysteries.
        "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Like I said, it's very mild. The truth, as in the book, is cool. Whether or not it translate here, I don't know.

Comment

On episode 6 now. Shit is getting intense. Loved the introduction between the main crew and Cutty. Cutty sizing them up was great. Gave a ton of insight into his character.

Curious to see what's going to happen now that
              Spoiler: spoilers 
            Tom Jane is no longer a cop since his corrupt boss took all of the evidence

but what's really bothering me is that in the last 2 episode Tom Jane has been pulling a "Blue Steel" look CONSTANTLY and it's fucking irritating. Between that and his hair this may be the first thing where I am not a fan.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

That's odd. I didn't notice the Blue Steel thing. The hair though, are still a work of wonder. Distracting, but not nearly enough to annoy me.

Comment

Watched episode 6 last night. Shit is getting real. Dug seeing where Holden came from and the stuff with Amos and the spy was great.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Interesting end to the season.

Spoiler: Spoiler 
                  Earthers are dicks.

Comment

Yes and no.

Spoiler: It's the work of the Mao company. Of Earth descent, but again.... 

So I hope you like the work of the protomolecule, cause it's a keystone to the series.

It ends at like 90% of the book. The final act of Leviathan Wakes is not there.

Also, one important character never left Eros in the book... And that is VERY interesting, cause it changes the dynamic of the group a lot.

I liked season 1 a lot. Took time to grew up, but in the end, the characters are where they should be.

Spoiler:  

Amos is a badass, Alex is cool, Naomi is the brain and Jim is the heart.

Comment

Still only on episode 1. We might be able to do a couple more tonight if we get my car taken car of expeditiously.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Was rather surprised at what happened to the Canterbury at the end of episode 1. That was a pretty intricate model and the sets seemed rather detailed and complete. I certainly didn't figure them to be cast aside so quickly.

Also, Jonathan Banks. Five minutes worth of work there. Love the guy but really...why waste an actor like that on a cameo?
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

so you'll be like "See, we're classy here. Don't mind Tom Jane's terrible hair"

Comment

His hair IS terrible, but it's not a crisis for me. I was able to get past it pretty quickly.

Another thing: the anti-gravity footage has been first rate so far. Completely convincing.

Comment

Yeah. And there is a lot of anti-gravity, since there only gravity when there's trust.

Wait, you're talking about the zero-g fucking, are you?

As for the Banks cameo, I had the same reaction. I guess he was nearby, and wanted to do it.

Comment

And Matt, on the first page, I answered Rob's questions about the main relationship and politics of the show. No spoilers past say episode 1. Nothing harmful whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
                                X