Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am watching the Giant Bomb stream from yesterday and Dan Ryckert is the anti-fucking meta. He had an SKS with an 8x and dropped it for an m16, then passed over an M416 as well then found a SCAR. He should have kept the SKS with 8x, called Brad over to the SCAR and given him the 4x scope, then taken the M416 and split up their 5.56 ammo. Shit like that, Rob.

Comment

• http://www.planepath.net/

This is also a very good site to help you learn where stuff is based on where you drop. It's great for learning the early game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trejo View Post
        Rob, you've made me a happy man

Just got PS stuff working....

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• fucking LOVE those shaders to make my games look oldschool.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
            r/pubattlegrounds isn't a bad place. Otherwise we've mostly learned from watching streams people are doing.

In solo it's a lot of quiet movement and getting away from people as quick as possible.

In squad you want to hit the ground quick, RUN RUN RUN and loot houses as fast as possible, staying near each other but not going to the same houses (really only go in the same building if it's a big apartment, barn, or something like a warehouse) so you're not stepping over each other and such. Also, this lets you find more gear quicker, come together and sort out what you've all found. So if I have a sniper rifle and you find 7.62 ammo and an 8x scope you just grab it and bring it to me, while I grab 9mm and an extended clip for your UMP you've found, etc etc. And closing doors behind you is important when you're in a city with other people, but less so when you're initially looting. It's all about running from room to room as fast as possible, taking a quick glance to see what's in there and get the fuck onto the next room. Those first 8-10 minutes are all about speed and gear. Then find a vehicle and plot your destination. After those first few minutes are over like 75% of the gear you find will be off people you kill.

Also, the closer to the edge of the blue circle you are, the slower it is to come in. So it's good to work the edges, plus less people coming up behind you...and if they do they've taken damage from the circle. That's why our position in the last game of the night was so perfect.

Good loot places, aside from the big cities are the radio tower west of Gatka, the hospital south of Georgopol, the bunkers west of the crater, and the firing range plus two small bunkers near Severny.
            Originally posted by BillyG View Post
            Guns are another whole set of meta. ALWAYS take extended quickdraw mags. There are also extended or quickdraw mags, but you want the one with both. Extended should get priority over regular quickdraw. Flash hiders and compensators are good, but ALWAYS take supressors. Even if you haven't found a gun for it yet, take the supressor for when you or a teammate can use it. They change the entire game. Same for scopes. They change everything. If you find a 2x or higher grab it and make sure someone needs it. If you find a 4x/8x/16x you've completely swung the advantage to your team. Even if you don't have a sniper rifle, put it on an assault rifle on single shot, and use it to scope shit out. It seriously makes all the difference.

Pistols: Glock is good, everything else is last fucking resort. Glock with a red dot, extended clip, and full auto OWNS at close range. Better than the uzi.

SMG - Uzi is shit unless it's fully kitted with stock, extended, and red dot. UMP is very good, especially kitted out. Vector is super overpowered, but you need a lot of 45 ammo and it basically requires the extended clip due to it only being 13 rounds in a regular clip.

Assault Rifles - M16 is ok, but it's burst and can get you killed. You want a SCAR or M416. If you get a fully kitted M416 it can be better than the SCAR.

Sniper - KAR98 is bolt action, but will kill a guy in a level 1 helm in one shot, and a level 2 in 2 shots. SKS is semi auto, and almost as powerful. It's my weapon of choice. SMS can also be extended clip.

Crates - We'll just find a crate and let you see it for yourself.

Shooting - Hold your shots until you actually have shots. Unless you're doing supressing fire or trying to draw someone out then all you're doing is giving up position (unless you have a supressor of course). That's why in the final 10 I said don't shoot. They'll find your flash in the brush and just unload on us with grenades or stand up in the grass and kill us.
            I am watching the Giant Bomb stream from yesterday and Dan Ryckert is the anti-fucking meta. He had an SKS with an 8x and dropped it for an m16, then passed over an M416 as well then found a SCAR. He should have kept the SKS with 8x, called Brad over to the SCAR and given him the 4x scope, then taken the M416 and split up their 5.56 ammo. Shit like that, Rob.
            http://www.planepath.net/

This is also a very good site to help you learn where stuff is based on where you drop. It's great for learning the early game.
            good god. That's a lot of shit. I just like getting my sweet duster and uzi and shooting wildly in the air hahahah. I'll have to study.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              good god. That's a lot of shit. I just like getting my sweet duster and uzi and shooting wildly in the air hahahah. I'll have to study.
              Honestly, if you just get into games and listen to how we are communicating you'll learn a LOT. This is really low level stuff. Eventually you'll learn the buildings and their layouts, how to tell where people are shooting from and how to use the geography of the map to your advantage (like how to get just behind a hill and crouch to avoid a sniper but where to come back around to find their squad) and all that kind of stuff.

Comment

• Just got all of my shit set up in RetroArch with my custom playlists now. So now the playstation and Sega Cd shit show up properly. yaya...

Comment

Just got PS stuff working....
                  Perfect, HOW?? I downloaded a bunch of PS1 roms and all the PSX cores but couldn't get any of them to work. The roms are all .bin/.cue files which normally I mount with Alcohol for PC games, but cant get retroarch to load em, just get a black screen, and there's nothing to run on the mounted drive either
                  XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• check your PMs

Comment

• Almost have Dreamcast working flawlessly. PSP games now work. yay.

Comment

• grabbed Red Hood for Injustice 2 the other day. He's pretty sweet if not a bit hard to master.

Comment

grabbed Red Hood for Injustice 2 the other day. He's pretty sweet if not a bit hard to master.
                          Got back on Injustice 2 the other day after not touching it for a week or 2 and I assume none of you have been playing either. I wasn't showered with loot boxes like I expected when I got on. I still suck at the game.
                          "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Fil View Post
                            Got back on Injustice 2 the other day after not touching it for a week or 2 and I assume none of you have been playing either. I wasn't showered with loot boxes like I expected when I got on. I still suck at the game.
                            I lost my skills after taking a break as well. Trying to get back into it.

Comment

I lost my skills after taking a break as well. Trying to get back into it.
                              Heh, I didn't have any skills to lose. I'm much better at Tekken.
                              "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Work has raped my play time for anything. I kind of just want to not ever work again after this fucking job. Of course that's not realistic but a girl can dream.
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X