Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guy Meatdrapes View Post
    RED LEATHER YELLOW LEATHER
    Hey, when you're in an industry town like LA. Practice and poise is necessary in your diction.

Granted, also being in an industry town should mean I have better equipment. But that's another issue.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Meatdrapes View Post
      I swear, you and I are the only people on Earth that didn't like that flick.
      Gonna say it lost all charm on subsequent viewings.

Though the first time I saw it, it was from a camcorder version where the audience was lively. It enhanced the experience.

Then I actually paid to see it.

The crowd was as dead as Ben Franklin. Likewise my enthusiasm.

Also: your complaints regarding Kick-Ass (the elevation into full-bore cartoon despite from the early goings a ten year old kills drug dealers with ease and without remorse) do not compute. It was illogical from frame one. NO WAY THAT TEACHER EXISTS.

Meh'ers gonna meh.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Yeah, that conversation was all over the place but my gripe still stands. This is supposed to be "real life" but nothing in the movie is realistic at all. Plus, it's still 20 mins too fucking long.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Also, if Nic Cage wasn't in this flick, I would probably hate it.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

The "real life" was bullshit from frame one.

It was already stylized when they went with an Italian mob, and just escalated from there.

Millar and reality are oil and water.

If it were real, they'd be dirty ass Russians and Kick-Ass would have been eaten by dogs like "Silly Fat Bastard" Tyrone in Snatch.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

But the premise of the entire movie is "What if someone became a superhero in real life?"

I hated the comics and the movie, while doing it's job, didn't do much for me. I've already seen the "little girl as a killer" in better movies.

Comment

The comic may have had a more serious tone, but that was scrapped and rebuilt for a wholly different focus in filmland.

TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF AND STOP TALKING ABOUT MOVIES.

SYRIANLY.

IT IS BELOW THE ROCK.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                  The comic may have had a more serious tone, but that was scrapped and rebuilt for a wholly different focus in filmland.

TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF AND STOP TALKING ABOUT MOVIES.

SYRIANLY.
                  Exactly. Don't make me write an replyED letter.
                  The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Sorry guys, I didn't hate the flick outright but it has its share of problems.

Comment

Sure, it's slow. Sure, it's not believable, even though it's based off a comic book. But it's fun. Stop fun-hating it.

Comment

My problem still stands that in my experiences at the theater/home watching flicks if I ever check my watch or the time then something isn't clicking for me. I never checked my watch during Watchmen, TDK, Avatar, etc. So it's not just because it was a longer flick, but it just fucking DRAGS in the middle and by the "reveal" at the end I just didn't care anymore. Plus the shit with his girlfriend was so fucking stupid.

Comment

What if someone whispers "What time is it" and you look down?

What then?

WHAT THEN?
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

He whispers back, "That guy is eating a hamburger."
                            Last edited by nerdious dorkus; 04-26-2010, 11:31 AM.

Comment

I'll just say no. haha

Maybe this will play better with a home viewing. Who knows? You're talking to the guy who took Friday off to go see a early showing of the new Nightmare flick.

Comment

Watch it not compare to the original.

Comment

Working...
                                X