Cinematic Thunderdome: Two Films Enter, One Film Leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cinematic Thunderdome: Two Films Enter, One Film Leaves

Listen all! This is the truth of it. Fighting leads to killing, and killing gets to warring. And that was damn near the death of us all. Look at us now! Busted up, and everyone talking about hard rain! But we've learned, by the dust of them all... Braindead Radio learned. Now, when men get to fighting, it happens here! And it finishes here! Two films enter; one film leaves.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Format and rules, bitte?

Comment

Welcome, to another edition of Thunderdome!

In this corner: 'Hope Floats'. Starring Sandra Bullock, Harry Connick Jr, and Michael Pare.

In this corner: 'Something's Gotta Give'. Starring Diane Keaton, Jack Nicholson, and Keanu Reeves.

FIGHT!
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

I posit that 'Hope Floats' is much worse than 'Something's Gotta Give'. I'll grant that SGG is a terrible movie, but it's at least competently made and acted. HF is poorly acted, poorly written, and flatly directed...I've been forced to watch Hallmark channel movies that have more life in them than this piece of dreck. There isn't a single believable character or interesting situation presented in the entire film. It's an utter and complete waste of time and energy.

Comment

And immediately, Sandra Bullock kicks Jack Nicholson in the junk! Keanu Reeves tries to lay some Neo-type hurt on Michael Pare! But Keanu ain't Neo... and Michael ain't impressed, as he lays Reeves out with a folding chair!

And the crowd is going WILD!

In the corner, Harry Connick, Jr is making an impassioned plea to help Katrina victims... while Diane Keaton fellates him!

Comment

Oh, come on! "Something's Gotta Give" beats all bad movies, hands down. The pungency of it's horribleness is transferred into farts, and it gasses all other bad movies to death.
            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
              Oh, come on! "Something's Gotta Give" beats all bad movies, hands down. The pungency of it's horribleness is transferred into farts, and it gasses all other bad movies to death.
              It's bad, but the actors are at least trying to act. Indeed, Keanu actually comes off as being (dare I say) GOOD in this film. Diane and Jack kinda phone it in, but even THAT level of apathy is better than the sheer amount of acting ineptitude on display in HF.

Also, HF has one of the worst child actors EVER. The girl that plays Sandra's daughter is fucking terrible. Distractingly bad.

Comment

This is kind of dumb, but Hope Floats wins.

Why?

Directed by Ghost Dog. Doesn't feature Diane Keaton
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Gentlemen! Gentlemen? When one single line uttered by Keanu Reeves is the best thing your entire movie has going for it, I will win this bitch every time.is
                  2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Two Films Enter, One Film Leaves:

For this edition of Thunderdome: 'The Godfather' vs 'The Godfather, Part 2'. Which one is better?

Comment

Stepfather.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I personally prefer Part 2. The arc that Michael is forced to follow is much more interesting and leads to a truly dark and thoughtful resolution. I also love how Michael's story is intercut with his father's.

Comment

To completely finish my derailing: I don't enjoy these movies. It's been along time, but I get bored every time I try to watch them.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Meatdrapes View Post
                            To completely finish my derailing: I don't enjoy these movies. It's been along time, but I get bored every time I try to watch them.
                            ban
                            "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                            *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

My brain knows these movies are impeccably made, but I just don't give a shit.

Comment

Working...
                              X