Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    What was the point of Sly's character? He seemed out of place in this.
      Spoiler: I'm about one week from dropping spoilers on this month. 

He's Starhawk. Starhawk was an original Guardian in the comics. In said film, he's Yondu's mentor and the guy who unofficially leads all Ravagers.

Basically, he threw Yondu out for taking kids to die for easy cash.

My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by D.T. View Post
      I like the soundtrack. It's more sombre and intimate, like the movie itself. And I loved how the songs were woven into the plot vs. being really good set dressing like the first film.
      Agreed, I liked the soundtrack as well. I thought that many of the songs were 100% on point. I still wish that there'd been some early 80s new wave in there, but I'm content with what we got.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        Agreed, I liked the soundtrack as well. I thought that many of the songs were 100% on point. I still wish that there'd been some early 80s new wave in there, but I'm content with what we got.
        Well, with Quill now in possession of a Zune (what a great joke), we'll likely get music up through the 80s and 90s.

Though I'll lament the fact that the soundtracks aren't centered around the 60s and 70s. It just works.

Comment

Well, with Quill now in possession of a Zune (what a great joke), we'll likely get music up through the 80s and 90s.

Though I'll lament the fact that the soundtracks aren't centered around the 60s and 70s. It just works.
          Hopefully we'll get 'Thunder Island' for GOTG3.
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            Hopefully we'll get 'Thunder Island' for GOTG3.
            This forums needs a reputation system. Just so I can give you some sort of reward in the form of imaginary points!

Comment

This forums needs a reputation system. Just so I can give you some sort of reward in the form of imaginary points!
              Click on the scales in the upper right hand corner.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Well, hot damn! Imaginary points for Anderson, too!

Comment

• I'll be the asshole.

I hate both soundtracks. Nothing but elevator music my parents couldn't stand when the songs were popular.

Comment

• Comment

What a wonderful gif.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        I'll be the asshole.

I hate both soundtracks. Nothing but elevator music my parents couldn't stand when the songs were popular.
                        GO TO YOUR ROOM AND HAVE SOME BEEF SCHNITZELS.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I mean Billy, you just shat on David fucking Bowie.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            I mean Billy, you just shat on David fucking Bowie.
                            The exception that proves the rule. It makes everything else sound so terrible.

Comment

• I agree with Bill. I like that the music is interwoven with Star Lord's character, but it's not like I ran home and put the songs on Spotify. The only song I really liked from the first one was Cherry Bomb, and I liked that prior to seeing the movie.

GOTG 2 just didn't work for me the same way the first one did. I think the problem is that it's just more of the same. Gunn didn't take it anywhere new, and splitting the team up just hurt the narrative.
                              Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• More of the same is the ethos of Marvel at this point. I want to be excited for Spider-Man given the Keaton factor but another THE WORLD IS CHANGING WE CHANGE TOO villain when it's been like a fucking decade of superheroes in the world is duuuuuuuuuuuuull.

Comment

Working...
                                X