Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah yes, the Semen cookbook. Martin started a really, REALLY funny thread about this over at the other site.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    Originally posted by Martin
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Jake, your chicken parm recipe was great. I'll post pix later.

Comment

I'm completely unsurprised that the picture for the front of that book is a solidified yet still jiggly helping of flan.

And speaking of kimchi, which I can't stand, I went out for Korean food last night with a buddy of mine who just found out she's pregnant. As she woofed down the kimchi, I was like, "Dude, you're gonna scorch the baby!"
        Last edited by Lisa; 01-30-2010, 06:06 AM.
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Also: IIIIIIGGYYYYYY
          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
          *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

I'm not sure if the criteria for this thread are recipes you invented yourself; if so, I apologize for the following, since I lifted it directly from the aforementioned Polish Heritage Cookery, but I think it;'s cool & unusual enough to intrigue some:

Hussar Style Pot Roast.

Roll a 2-3 lb, trimmed bottom round roast in floue that has been seasoned w/ salt & pepper. Brown on all sides in vegetable oil in large pot/Dutch oven.

Add 2 cups water, bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer. Toss in a few dashes of Maggi seasoning, if desired. Check on it every 1/2 hr or so, & replace any liquid that evaporates. Moving it around a bit so it doesn't stick to the pot is a good idea as well.

Meanwhile, grate a small onion, add 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs, & 2 tablespoons of butter. Mix to form a thick paste.

After the roast has cooked 2 1/2 hrs, remove it to a platter. Cut pockets into it by slicing it, but not all the way thru, down its entire length. Fill the pockets w/ the onion butter mixture. Fasten the ends w/ toothpicks to keep them shut & (VERY carefully) return it to the pot for another 1/2 hr.

Remove meat from pot, let rest a few minutes, & add a paste of 1 tablespoon flour & 1 tablespoon water, slowly, to the drippings to form a gravy. Slice & serve, w/ the gravy handy for pouring.

If you like onion, it don't get much better than this. Try it w/ noodles polonaise (i.e., coated in a mixture of butter & breadcrumbs) & boiled, buttered carrots (adult > baby for this purpose, IMO).
            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
              And speaking of kimchi, which I can't stand, I went out for Korean food last night with a buddy of mine who just found out she's pregnant. As she woofed down the kimchi, I was like, "Dude, you're gonna scorch the baby!"
              OR make it invincible!

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

That pot roast recipe sounds awesome Iggy. I've done something similar with ham but never thought about creating pockets in a roast. I'll play with that recipe next weekend I think.....
                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Oh man, I have to get me a dutch oven. This sounds fantastic.
                  "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

One of my most requested specialties. It really is as good as it sounds.

Comment

I should have expounded what I put into my ham pockets. Iggy, you should like this, o' lover of things hot. Garlic, cayenne peppers and brown sugar to cap the pocket. SOOOO GOOD.
                      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                      - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Jake's chicken parmesan. Only thing I would have done different is some more bread crumbs. A fair chunk came off when I flipped them.

Comment

This is another all time favorite of mine:

Bacon onion butter.

Cut 2 Tbl from a stick of salted butter. Allow the rest to come to room temp in a medium bowl.

Take the 2 Tbl of butter you cut off the stick, and brown 3 strips of chopped bacon in it. When the fat begins to render, add 1 small, very finely diced onion. Cook until the onion carmelizes a bit, but be very careful not to burn the bacon.

Allow to cool, then mix into the warm butter (Be patient! I tried rushing this, and the butter liquified on me, which is NOT what you want to happen here), along w/ 1/2 t black pepper and 1 t sharp brown mustard (Kosciusko spicy brown mustard is, IMO, the best mustard in the universe, and works very well in this, as in all else). Combine thoroughly.

Shape into a log on a sheet of plastic wrap, and wrap tightly, twisting the ends to keep them closed. Refrigerate until needed. Cut generous slices off thelog andmelt on top of grilled steaks or burgers.

My sister in law, who loves this shit & makes me make her some every time I see her, says it's great melted on warm biscuits, too, but I haven't tried that yet. On the meat, though? Best thing to happen to steak since fire.

Recipe taken from Steve Raichlen's masterpiece, The Barbecue Bible.

Comment

Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                            Bacon onion butter.
                            There... there IS such a magical creation upon this earth? Is it the lactation of the angels?
                            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

THAT SOUNDS DELICIOUS.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Martin's adaptation of Le Pied de Cochon's French Onion soup recipe.

for 4 soups

6 onions, sliced thinly
                                2 branches of fresh rosemary
                                2-3 thick bacon slices (1/2", chopped in cubes 1/2" large)
                                4-5 tbs flour
                                a good 16-20oz of sharp cheddar, or gruyere, or ementhal cheese. The more the better, really.
                                a red/dark beer. That you should like to drink, preferably. But don't put Guiness into this, cause if you do you're a tasteless asshole. You should drink this stuff.
                                4 cups of pork stock, or beef stock. Better if you do your own, but I did the recipe with concentrate and it does work well.
                                Lotsa butter.
                                A good 2-3 cups of croutons (big ones if you can. Just chop some bread, toss with olive oil, and roast in a pan in the oven for 15 minutes)

Melt the butter (1/3 cup) over a medium heat, and cook the onions until soft and caramelized (a good 20 minutes, Don't burn them!). Add the bacon halfway there! you can cook it seperately to make it crunchier, but deglaze the fucking pan with a bit of beer cause you'll lose the greatness. If you do so, add with the rosemary.

Pour half (or more, or less, depending on you) the beer in there. Add the flour and the rosemary. Cook 2-3 minutes, and raise the heat a bit.

Add the stock. Add some salt (depends on you stock!) and pepper, bring to boil, cover, and lower to heat and let simmer for a good 20 minutes. Remove the rosemary when done.*

You can take this time to make your croutons and grate the cheese.

Pre-heat the oven for broil!

Pour the stock into a bowl. keep a good inch and a half free. top with croutons, and CHEESE! (a good inch of cheese is prefered to re-create the experience of Le Pied de Cochon)

Broil until cheese is not only melted, but golden brown.

*You can prepare the bouillon, and reserve for the next day or later on, and just grate the cheese when you want some soup. Just re-heat the bouillion before doing broiling.
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X