X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want another steak now.

Comment

• I have a mind to share with all of you my mother's recipe for Christmas dinner. I have not made this for a while, but I will this year.

For the bird...
      1 goose, 10-12 pounds
      1 1/2 pints chicken stock
      1 teaspoon kosher salt
      1 teaspoon cracked pepper

For the stuffing...
      6 large Granny Smith apples peeled, cored, and chopped
      4 tablespoons dark rum
      1/4 teaspoon sage
      1/4 teaspoon ground mace
      12 ounces fresh breadcrumbs
      1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
      1/8 teaspoon cracked pepper

1. Soak chopped apples in 4 Tbsp of dark rum for 4 hours.

2. Preheat oven to 350 F.

3. Place goose on a rack in a roasting pan.

4. Mix together the apples, sage, mace and breadcrumbs. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then spoon inside the goose's cavity.

5. Combine the salt and pepper and rub all over the outside of the goose.

6. Prick the entire skin of the goose with a fork.

7. Cover the breast with a piece of greased aluminium foil.

8. Roast the goose for 30 minutes at 350 F.

9. Remove from oven, and skim off excess fat.

10. Pour chicken stock all over the goose, then re-cover with greased aluminium foil and roast for 2 1/2 hours.

11. Remove foil and cook for 1 hour so the breast crisps and browns.

12. Place goose on a warmed serving dish, then skim off excess fat from roasting pan.

You may reduce the pan juices to make a thickened gravy... if desired.

Enjoy..

Comment

• would that stuffing work for turkey as well?
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by MattMN View Post
          would that stuffing work for turkey as well?
          No reason why not... you'd have to double the recipe for a larger bird, I imagine.

I know goose is not to everyone's taste.

Comment

• Honestly, I don't know if I've ever even HAD goose. I DO know that everyone in my family loves turkey, though...that recipe for stuffing sounds phenomenal, and I might try and see if my sister is up for trying it.
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• If you can get a free-range or wild turkey, it might be better. Domestic turkeys have had the flavor bred out of them for years... so something a bit bolder might go better with the stuffing.

Comment

• MOTHERFUCKERS. JAMBALAYA?
                "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Like?

Want?

Need recipe?

WHAT! Stop being so fucking vague! You've changed since you've had sex... and not in a good way.

Comment

• Great. "Ever since Jake got blown..." is going to be the new "Ever since Heath Ledger died..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                      Great. "Ever since Jake got blown..." is going to be the new "Ever since Heath Ledger died..."
                      We can make this happen.

Comment

• Recipe! I asked like a page back y'all come on

I left all my good cookbooks at my grandparents' place.
                        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Vanderhuge View Post
                          Recipe! I asked like a page back y'all come on

I left all my good cookbooks at my grandparents' place.
                          Derp...

It's a bit labor intensive... but presentation is fucking everything. Deal with it.

Vin's Jambalaya

8 jumbo shrimp fresh or frozen,
                          4oz chorizo sausage, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch pieces
                          1-2 tablespoons olive oil
                          1 medium onion, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
                          2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
                          2 sticks celery, trimmed and sliced into 1/2 inch pieces on the diagonal
                          1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
                          1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into 1/2 inch slices
                          6fl oz white basmati rice
                          2 tsp Crystal hot sauce
                          3 medium tomatoes, dropped into boiling water for 1 minute, then peeled and chopped
                          1 bay leaf
                          1 tbsp roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
                          2 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced, to garnish
                          salt and freshly milled black pepper

1. Begin by bringing a pan with 1 pint of water to simmering point. If using raw shrimp, drop them into the water for 3 minutes. After that, remove them with a draining spoon, reserving the cooking liquid. (Cooked shrimp will not need this pre-cooking.) Now set aside two whole shrimp and shell the rest. To do this, just remove the heads by giving them a sharp tug, then simply peel off the rest - which comes away very easily - but leave the tails intact as this makes them look nicer. Now remove the black vein from the back of each shrimp, which will come away easily using the point of a sharp knife. Next place the shells in the pan of water and simmer for 30 minutes, without a lid, to make a nice shrimp-flavored stock, then drain and discard the shells. Pour the hot stock into a jug and cover with a plate to keep warm.

2. Now heat the frying pan over a high heat and brown the pieces of chorizo sausage, without adding any fat, then remove them from the pan to a plate and set aside. Then add a tablespoon of the oil and, when it's hot, fry the onions for 2-3 minutes to brown them a little at the edges, then return the chorizo to the pan and add the garlic, celery, chilli and sliced pepper. Continue to fry for 4-5 minutes, till the celery and pepper are also softened and lightly tinged brown at the edges, adding a little more oil if you need to.

3. Now stir in the rice to get a good coating of oil, then measure out 12 fl oz of the reserved stock and add the hot sauce to it. Next add the chopped tomatoes and bay leaf to the pan, then pour in the stock. Season with salt and freshly milled black pepper, give it all one stir and push the rice down into the liquid. Now turn the heat to low, put a lid on and let it barely simmer for 20 minutes.

4. Then, check the rice is cooked and return the shelled and the two reserved shell-on shrimp to the pan, adding a little more stock if necessary. Cover with a lid for 5 more minutes, then serve garnished with the chopped parsley and spring onions.

5. Nom, then get laid... or whatever.

Comment

• We decided to make spaghetti and meatballs tonight, because all we have in the fridge is ground beef and sauce. I have all kinds of sauces, olive oil, etc so please provide your best poor man's meatball recipe.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              We decided to make spaghetti and meatballs tonight, because all we have in the fridge is ground beef and sauce. I have all kinds of sauces, olive oil, etc so please provide your best poor man's meatball recipe.
                              Why does everyone assume I'm going to come in here and throw down a meatball recipe that calls for aged midwestern beef from a specific cow in Iowa and a certain cheese only available for two months out of the year from Nunzio Uprootzi's goat farm in Sardinia?

It's getting old, kids... just stop it.

1 pound ground beef
                              1/2 pound ground veal
                              1/2 pound ground pork... or just use 2 lbs. beef
                              2 cloves garlic, minced
                              2 eggs
                              1 cup freshly grated Romano cheese
                              1 1/2 tablespoons chopped parsley
                              salt and ground black pepper to taste
                              2 cups stale Italian bread, crumbled, or regular plain non-exotic bread crumbs.
                              1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
                              1 cup olive oil

1: Combine meats/meat in a large bowl. Add garlic, eggs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.

2: Blend bread crumbs into meat mixture. Slowly add the water 1/2 cup at a time. The mixture should be very moist but still hold its shape if rolled into meatballs. Shape into meatballs.

3: Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Fry meatballs in batches. When the meatball is very brown and slightly crisp remove from the heat and drain on a paper towel.

4: Place cooked meatballs into Marinara Sauce and cook for 15 more minutes.

Comment

• You need to grab some liquor and make this thread easier to find certain recipes mr. Mod.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X