Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoo baby, I think I know what I'm making for Christmas breakfast!
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• [quote=Timothy225;181988] Vin has denied us his tater tots. /quote]

This is just PREGNANT with possibilities.
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Cool Vin. Tanks. (hahahaha!!!!)

And my son is currently speaking in the 3rd person. It's like having the Rock with you 24/7, but less big with more attitude.

And Lesley: gimme your recipe too!
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Just had dinner with George - brought up the breakfast casserole recipe. He's not big on the breakfast sausage, but when I mentioned the rest of it, he started coming around a little more. I've nearly got him convinced for us to make it for Christmas breakfast.
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• My GF's mom makes a shredded potato casserole. I will get that recipe.

Comment

• Lisa- Here's a breakfast casserole(its a non- tater tot one) that I use sometimes on Christmas morning or when I want to do something special but its got sausage too.

1 lb bulk sausage
              8 oz Pillsbury crescent rolls
              1 c shredded mozzarella cheese
              4-5 eggs beaten
              3/4 c milk
              1/3 t pepper
              1/4 t salt
              1/4 med onion chopped
              1 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Spray a 9X13 pan with cooking spray. Cook sausage and drain(crumbled). Line bottom of pan with crescent rolls flattened out. Sprinkle sausage and cheese over rolls. Combine remaining ingredients; beat well and pour over sausage and cheese. Bake at 375 for 3-35 min or until set. Let stand 5 min. Cut in squares and serve.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                Tim...

Your offerings have pleased Vin, as they often do. His anger has cooled, and he shall grant you a small boon.

Breakfast Casserole

1 lb ground pork breakfast sausage
                2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
                2 cups water
                4 eggs
                2 lbs tater tots

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F(or 175c, Martin!)

2. Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and spread evenly in the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Spread cheese over sausage.

3. In large bowl, beat together water and eggs. Pour over cheese. (May be refrigerated overnight at this point).Top with tater tots.

4. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
                About to make this.
                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Sounds like a great version of the recipe, Cass!

Comment

• Sorry, I thought I already posted this but I must have forgotten...

Brown 1 lb of beef and drain
                    Mix beef and 1 can of Cream of Celery and 1 can of Cream of Mushroom
                    Put at the bottom of a glass dish - I don't recall what size I use...
                    Top with tator tots - I prefer the crown ones as they are so thick - they get crispy faster.
                    Put in oven - I use whatever temp is on the back of the tots package. It usually takes at least a half hour (or until tots start to get golden-brown) and then I broil it to get the tots extra crispy.

My friend Tess has a recipe that I actually like more, but Rob doesn't really care for it - I'll try to find it and post it.
                    If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Ground beef, I take it?
                      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• That sounds so goddamn fattening and awful and I can't wait to make it.

Also, I need a good jambalaya recipe since I can't find any of my cookbooks.
                        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Saw this while the GF was watching Food Network. MUST HAVE.

STEAK ON A STICK DELUXE

Skirt/Fajita Steak - 2lbs minimum more depending on number of people
                          Assorted grated cheeses - I will probably go with a sharp cheddar and whole mix queso fresco
                          One Jar Red Peppers
                          Sticks

Butterfly the skirt steak and fold it open. Lay the red peppers along the side of the steak. Now top the pepper with your cheeses. You should have 2 of the butterflied steaks next to each other. After stuffing, roll them up. Run the sticks through the water so it won't catch on fire. Jam the sticks through the rolled up steaks to make them kabob style and stick them on a medium-high grill/oven. 3-4 minutes per side. Serve with a jalapeno or garlic dip.

Comment

• Tweaked our Chicken Chowder recipe this weekend (added more corn, and a full lb of bacon) GOOD GAWD....
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The steak salting was fantastic. I may play around with some other stuff on it.

Comment

• I always add garlic and other seasonings mixed in with the salt
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X