Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I use the pork loin and it pretty much comes apart. I cooked this last 4lb one for 8 1/2 hours and I should have gone for 7 1/2- 8 hrs.

Comment

• hmmm, a pork loin eh?
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Since a nice grilled steak is one of my favorites, I am going to try the "salting of the steak" experiment tomorrow night. I will let you know how it goes.

Comment

• COVER IT. Then make sure to rinse it, not wipe it off like Jake did haha.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Yes, for every cubic inch of steak put two of salt.

Comment

• I want the most kickass Tater Tots casserole recipe please. Anyone? Vin?
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• PAGING LESLEY

Comment

• I think that is too low-brow for Vin. I havent made one in forever- let me get back to you on this.

Comment

• VIN IS OUT OF TOUCH WITH THE COMMON MAN.

Comment

• Vin's not going to get drawn into a debate about this. Vin has played, fought and bled in the dirt of 6 continents... which is 4 or 5 more than most of you. And despite his globetrotting adventures, Vin has never lost his unique touch with the common man.

Vin was going to share his breakfast casserole recipe, which includes vast amounts of tater tots... but now Vin will not.

Vin is kind of enjoying talking in the third person...

Comment

• hahahahhahah.

*salutefist*

Comment

• Vin relate to low-brow. Vin am one of the common men. Vin know value of properly prepared tater tots. Tater tots = America to Vin. Like Old Glory. Like freedom. Like love of good woman, or several good women on alternating shifts.

Now you have angered Vin. Vin no share glorious breakfast casserole recipe. Vin has denied us his tater tots. Ponder you foolishness and lack of judgement! Appease Vin's anger with White Russians and toquitos. Maybe take up collection, buy Vin nice floral arrangement and caseless ammo.

Tim go now, make sacrifice to Great Spirit, play Neil Young's Harvest With No Lights On for mood.

Comment

• Vin will PM me his tater tot casserole recipe and I will taunt the class with it.

Comment

• Sorry Vin- just didnt think it was your cup of tea.

Please go ahead- I am sure it will be terrific.

Comment

• Tim...

Your offerings have pleased Vin, as they often do. His anger has cooled, and he shall grant you a small boon.

Breakfast Casserole

1 lb ground pork breakfast sausage
                                2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
                                2 cups water
                                4 eggs
                                2 lbs tater tots

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F(or 175c, Martin!)

2. Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and spread evenly in the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Spread cheese over sausage.

3. In large bowl, beat together water and eggs. Pour over cheese. (May be refrigerated overnight at this point).Top with tater tots.

4. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.

Comment

Working...
                                X