This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn straight,

Now some people may have that fat trimmed off by the butcher before they brought their meat home (Especially if it was a Kosher Butcher). Even so, meat washing is advised.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
      Now some people may have that fat trimmed off by the butcher before they brought their meat home (Especially if it was a Kosher Butcher).
      So it would be circumcised.
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• I was trying to be coy, but yes.

Some claim that the flavor is removed when this is done. But I think that's bullshit anyway.
        Last edited by Ed Hocken; 10-13-2010, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Miller View Post

Fried Cthulhumari

1 Great Cthulhu, slain
          4,000 extra large eggs
          500 lbs salt
          400 lbs black pepper (or to taste)
          2 1/2 tons flour, sifted (divided)
          5,000 gallons beer (the darker the better)
          1,000,000 gallons Extra Virgin Olive Oil for deep frying
          1 Elder Sign

Consult the Pnakotic manuscripts or NecroNOMicon* to determine when the stars will be right for the return of Great Cthulhu to this plane of existence.

Journey to the appointed spot in the South Pacific Ocean and await the rising of R'lyeh.

Present the Elder Sign to Cthulhu when he emerges from his watery prison.

While He is in this weakened state, using well placed heavy artillery, slay the Great Old One. Don't worry about damaging the tasty head portion, as it has been known to regenerate (although this may take a few minutes).

Ship Great Cthulhu's remains to the nearest saw mill, and slice into rings. Discard the foul inner workings of the god, claws & membranous wings.

Season 1/2 of the flour with the salt & pepper.

Combine all remaining ingredients except the oil to form a batter, beating until stiff peaks begin to form, about 2 days.

Heat the oil to 350 degrees.

Dip the Cthulhu rings into the batter, coating each ring evenly. Allow excess to drip off. Dredge in seasoned flour.

Fry the rings, in batches, in the hot oil, until crisp and cooked through (about 1 hour). Drain excess oil on paper towels.

Serve with lemon wedges and fra diavolo sauce.

Nom. Feel your sanity drain away. Begin gibbering like a deranged idiot.

* See what I did there?
          I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Jake, you need to take your steak and rinse that fucker UNDER WATER. Just hold the fucker under the faucet. Then pat that bitch dry and you should be good to go. If not, I AM A SAD.

So, we just made a new recipe that we basically came up with. A chicken and chorizo stew that is pretty fucking easy/goddamn tasty. I can post the recipe if anyone is interested (but I feel like a punk compared to Vin and Martin cause they are Chef Ramsey to my Rachel Ray)
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Post it Rob, I love making a pork stew, up for something new.

Comment

• I agree post it! I am more of a Rachel Ray myself.

I want to try the chicken enchiladas too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese III View Post
                  So, we just made a new recipe that we basically came up with. A chicken and chorizo stew that is pretty fucking easy/goddamn tasty. I can post the recipe if anyone is interested (but I feel like a punk compared to Vin and Martin cause they are Chef Ramsey to my Rachel Ray)
                  Bringing it on!

And Vin's Ramsey, crossed with Anthony Bourdain. A chain-smoking cumurdgeon who cooks like a god and write really well.

I'm not in his class.
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I refuse to believe Cthulhumari got nothin' . . . nothin' at all from the studio audience.
                    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      Bringing it on!

And Vin's Ramsey, crossed with Anthony Bourdain. A chain-smoking cumurdgeon who cooks like a god and write really well.

I'm not in his class.
                      Stop that! Stop that this instant!

You rock the kitchen, Mountieā„¢!

Comment

• I'm a guy who like eating and thus has to cook to support it. That's it.

And Iggy, your recipe lacked the sacrifice of a virgin. Else it won't gel.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• 'Baby, it's cold outside...' and now is the time for soupish and stewish things.

Manhattan Style Clam Chowder(Because New England Style sucks)

1/4 cup minced onion
                          10 strips bacon
                          2 cans (7 oz. each) minced or whole clams, drained (reserve liquor)
                          2 cups diced pared potatoes
                          1 cup water
                          1/3 cup diced celery
                          1 can (16 oz.) crushed tomatoes
                          2 tsp. chopped flatleaf parsley
                          1 tsp. salt
                          1/4 tsp. thyme
                          1/8 tsp. pepper

1: In large saucepan, cook and stir bacon and onion until bacon is crisp and onion is tender. Crumble the bacon into large-ish bits.

2: Stir in reserved clam liquor, the potatoes, water and celery. Cook uncovered until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.

3: Add clams, tomatoes and seasonings. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.

4: Nom...

Comment

• Cthulumuri looked good, but I dare not speak ill lest I be devoured by an old god.

Comment

• Massive Props to Iggy for pulling that off.

And yes, Manhattan Clam Chowder FTW!

Comment

• Iggy, I'm sorry, I missed it - I must have skipped a page! It was awesome, but it reminded me too much of last night's dinner...
                                2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Working...
                                X