• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cream of caramelized onions.

5-6 large white onions, sliced thinly
    4 cups of chicken broth
    1/3 cup of maple syrup
    2 potatoes, chopped in small cubes
    1/3 cup of heavy cream (15% if you're a pussy)
    salt and pepper
    BUTTER

Cook the onions and potatoes in the butter on a medium heat. Avoid burning.

Deglaze with maple syrup after the onions have cooked through.
    Add the broth, and let simmer for a good 20-30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

Blend, and then add cream up to your taste.

If you want to freeze a batch, skip the cream and add it when you'll thaw and warm it up before serving it.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Cream of caramelized onions.

5-6 large white onions, sliced thinly
      4 cups of chicken broth
      1/3 cup of maple syrup
      2 potatoes, chopped in small cubes
      1/3 cup of heavy cream (15% if you're a pussy)
      salt and pepper
      BUTTER

Cook the onions and potatoes in the butter on a medium heat. Avoid burning.

Deglaze with maple syrup after the onions have cooked through.
      Add the broth, and let simmer for a good 20-30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

Blend, and then add cream up to your taste.

If you want to freeze a batch, skip the cream and add it when you'll thaw and warm it up before serving it.
      At first I was a skeered. But a second reading has me interested.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• I just fuckin' creamed caramelized onions reading that. I need to make that ASAP.
        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Does blend mean mix, or put it in a blender?
          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Blended. Until smooth. I use The Abortionist, as the wife calls it. That one:

A hand blender. Or you can use a normal blender and think it's a Gremlin.

Comment

• It's seems odd, but the maple gives it a sweetness that goes so well with the natural sweetness of onions.

I was skeptic at first, but 2 of my 3 favorites soups are that one and French Onion soup. The other being Tom Yum Goong.

Comment

• Brittany's Salsa Verde

4 small avocados
                14 oz sour cream
                1 can rotel with chiles
                4 oz can green chiles
                2tea spoon salt
                1 tea spoon lemon juice
                2oz cream cheese
                3 jarred jalapenos w/ stems removed
                3 table spoon jalapeno juice from jar

Put in blender/processor and mix until smooth. Refrigerate 3 hours minimum before serving. Makes about 3 mason jars worth.

Comment

• Fuck that onion thing sounds goddamn amazing.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I've been doing the salty steak shit and every time it comes out tasting like beef jerky dropped in sea salt. I guess I'm doing it wrong.
                    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~

Comment

• Did you make sure to rinse the steak after salting? Not just wipe the steak, rinse the steak.
                      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• HEH.

...no...I wiped...

~

Comment

• Make sure to rinse the entire steak off. When I used the salting process the first time, I only brushed the salt off and it did not come out well.

What I'm saying is, wash your meat well and then pat it down to dry it off.

Comment

• "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                            - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                            http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                            http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• BDR advocates meat washing

BELIEVE THAT!

Comment

• Honey, EVERYONE should advocate meat washing. Especially if they don't want to wind up doing a round of penicillin!
                                2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Working...
                                X