Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By the way I'll try that recipe above. I have 3 bags of McIntosh, and need an excuse to eat duck...

And that book will make you happy. Not all recipes are ideal for a quick snack, but foie gras burger, foie gras poutine, duck in a can are all recipes I would fuck too.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Vin's Fish Batter

Want fried fish, but hate LJS and Captain D's? Rejoice, for I am here.

Ingredients:
      2 cups buttermilk
      1/4 tsp garlic powder
      3 eggs, lightly beaten
      1 tsp seasoned salt
      several big squirts of Hot Sauce
      lots of pepper, to taste
      3 manly squirts of Worcestershire Sauce
      self-rising flour

Directions:

1: Combine all ingredients except flour; blend well.

2: Dip fish or seafood in egg batter, then roll in flour.

3: Fry in moderately hot oil until golden brown. If oil is too hot, the batter will burn. It helps to cut the fish into thin strips before dipping in batter.

4: Nom

Comment

• Interesting. When I fry catfish I make a pretty easy batter.

1 part corn meal, 2 parts flour.
        Lots of black pepper
        Lightly salt
        Add a tiny bitch of cayenne powder

Mix it all up in the bowl, dip your catfish in milk, then in the mixture bowl. Fry it up. Salt like a motherfucker while it is still scalding hot.

Comment

• I'm gonna make Peruvian fried rice on Sunday. I miss having that stuff.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
            I'm gonna make Peruvian fried rice on Sunday. I miss having that stuff.
            Recipe, plz?
            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
              I'm gonna make Peruvian fried rice on Sunday. I miss having that stuff.
              Is that code for freebase?
              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Potatoes O'Brien

Ingredients:
                2 tbsp. butter
                1 sm. onion, finely chopped
                1 sm. green pepper, finely chopped
                1 sm. red pepper, finely chopped
                6 med. potatoes, peeled
                Cooking oil
                Salt
                Pepper

Directions:
                *Before cooking, it helps to have a large coarse cheese grater. I grate the potatoes through this, since I hate hashbrowns with cubed taters... but do what you feel.*

1: Heat butter in small skillet. Add onion and peppers and cook over medium heat until tender. Set aside.

2: In large skillet, heat 1/2 inch oil. Add potatoes and fry until brown and tender, turning occasionally. Drain; season with salt and pepper.

3: Add onion mixture; toss together over high heat for 2 minutes to heat through.

Comment

• Sounds great. And easy!
                  Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                  Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                  POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Peruvian Fried Rice aka Chaufas

• 4 tablespoons vegetable oil (or sesame oil)
                    • 2 eggs
                    • 1 bunch of scallions
                    • 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
                    • 1 red pepper, diced
                    • 1 cup cooked chicken or pork, shredded, or 3 hot dogs, sliced thinly
                    • 4 cups cooked rice
                    • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
                    Preparation:

1. Whisk the eggs together with a pinch of salt and some ground pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or large frying pan.
                    2. Pour the eggs into the hot oil and fry 1 -2 minutes. Turn egg pancake over and finish cooking. When cooked through, remove eggs to a plate, coarsely chop, and reserve.
                    3. Add the remaining oil to the wok, and add the white parts of the scallion, the ginger, and the red pepper. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
                    4. Add the meat and sauté for a couple of minutes more, until heated through.
                    5. Add the rice, green parts of the scallion, and the soy sauce, and cook, stirring, until well heated.

Stir in chopped cooked eggs, and serve.

Comment

• I may be wrong... but I think Ed just popped his cherry on this thread!

Comment

• To be fair, I copy and pasted that receipe from another site.

Comment

• It don't matter where you got it from... you've just never posted a proper recipe before.

I'm proud of you!

Comment

• Hot dogs? Damn, Peru. I'm still gonna make something similar-ish to that this weekend (read: I'm close to broke and want to keep a little cash on me, so I'm using what I got on hand to make that shit), but with chicken breast, brown basmati rice, and I'm gonna steam and chop a pound of broccoli to toss in there.
                            "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                            *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• When I worked in Century City, every Thursday there would be a farmer's market. At that market, was a booth that sold Peruvian food. You could get that dish and some Inca Kola (Which is gross). Sure it was kind of pricy, but you got a ton of food.

Comment

• BRAVO ED! A THOUSAND GOLDEN SHOWERS FOR YOU!
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X