Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake, yes, flour. Corn tortillas are way too thin, and once the cheese melts those corn tortillas are coming open. But yea, beans inside is some bullshit.

Comment

• OH SNAPS.
      If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Daaaamn, booooyeee!!!
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          Jake, yes, flour. Corn tortillas are way too thin, and once the cheese melts those corn tortillas are coming open. But yea, beans inside is some bullshit.
          Jake has a legitimate beef here. Only whitebread folk use flour tortillas. But Billy is right, you can't use corn tortillas for enchiladas. They aren't structually sound. And seeing Billy is the closest thing we have to a structual engineer around here. We'll have to take him at his word.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Enchiladas and Quesadillas get flour. All other dishes can use corn. And since enchiladas and quesadillas are Tex-Mex, not Mexican, totally acceptable as well as expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
              Enchiladas and Quesadillas get flour. All other dishes can use corn. And since enchiladas and quesadillas are Tex-Mex, not Mexican, totally acceptable as well as expected.
              The man has spoken!
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• I use corn tortillas all the time for enchiladas what the fuck guys
                "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Almond Croissant

- 6 to 8 day-old croissants
                  - 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
                  - Confectioner's sugar

Syrup:
                  - 2 tablespoons sugar
                  - 3 tablespoons light rum (optional)
                  - 1 cup of water

For the almond cream
                  - 1/2 cup sugar
                  - 1/2cup whole blanched almonds, or almond powder
                  - a pinch of salt
                  - 1/2cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, diced
                  - 2 eggs

-You can make the syrup and the almond cream up to a day in advance: transfer into separate airtight containers, and refrigerate.

Prepare the syrup: combine 1 cup water, 2 tablespoons sugar and the rum (if using) in a saucepan. Bring to a slow boil over medium heat, and simmer for a minute, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat, transfer into a shallow soup plate, and let cool completely.

Almond filling: combine 1/2 cup sugar, the almonds and the salt in a food processor, and mix until finely ground. Add the butter, and mix. Add in the eggs one by one, and process until creamy.

Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F) and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
                  Dip each croissant into the syrup, coating both sides and the ends well - the croissant should be quite moist. Slice horizontally and place on the cookie sheet. Spread the inside with about two tablespoons almond filling, and place the top back on. Spread the top with another tablespoon almond filling, and sprinkle with sliced almonds. Repeat with the remaining croissants and filling.

Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the almond cream is set and golden. Transfer onto a cooling rack, dust with confectioner's sugar, and eatthese motherfuckers, slightly warm or at room temperature.

They will last for a day.
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    They will last for a day.
                    No.

No they will not.

Comment

• Well you're not hungry ENOUGH.
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Those bitches would be gone in like an hour over here.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• It's that time of year. It will soon be cold, and if you are like me... you will soon dream of soup. Soup in all its' glorious incarnations. Soon... you will crave it, as I do.

Well, like Holden said before Leon shot him...

"Let's continue, shall we?"

Italian Wedding Soup

Ingredients for Meatballs

1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
                          1 pound ground beef
                          1/4 cup milk
                          1 egg
                          1 medium sized onion, grated
                          8 cloves garlic, minced
                          1 tablespoon dried parsley
                          1 1/2 teaspoons salt
                          1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
                          4 tablespoons grated Parmesan

Ingredients for soup

2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
                          2 garlic cloves, minced
                          2 cups carrots, diced
                          2 cups chopped spinach
                          1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
                          15 cups homemade chicken stock, or just use 3 quarts of store bought
                          2 medium sized onions, diced
                          1 tablespoon salt
                          1 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
                          2 1/2 cups uncooked pasta like ditallini or fusilli

To make the meatballs, first mix the ground beef with bread crumbs, salt, milk, egg, grated onion, minced garlic and freshly ground black pepper until everything is thoroughly combined. Cover this mixture with Saran™ Wrap and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes in the refrigerator. Remove from the refrigerator and knead the meatball mixture. Now grease your hand with a bit of olive oil, and shape tiny meatballs about 1 inch in diameter. Place the meatballs on a lightly grease cookie sheet and refrigerate.

In a heavy bottomed large pot, heat 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and stir fry the diced onions and carrots for a few minutes until the onions are translucent and it becomes golden brown in color. Add the minced garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Now add the chicken stock along with the oregano and let this mixture simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. When the chicken stock has reduced, add the spinach and cook for another 10 minutes. When the spinach is cooked, gently add the meatballs into the soup and simmer for 20 minutes until the meatballs are juicy and succulent. Now add the pasta of your choice into the soup and cook until it is al dente. Check the seasonings and add more salt and pepper if required. Serve the soup in individual soup bowls with a generous sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.

Comment

• Very similar to my Nonna's escarole soup recipe, Vin.

Comment

• True... but if you say 'escarole soup' to anyone south of Baltimore or west of Philly, they give you that Scooby-Doo look.

Comment

• My wife LOVES this soup, Vin. Thanks for the recipe, I may have to try making it for her.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X