This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
    Does that also include acting powerhouse Sean Bean?
    He was shit-for-brains in Ronin. Couldn't even protect a fucking cup of coffee.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
      He was shit-for-brains in Ronin. Couldn't even protect a fucking cup of coffee.
      Agreed...

He did have one of the best lines, though...

"Almost a bit of raspberry jam back there, ya?"

Comment

• WHAT COLOR IS THE BOATHOUSE?!

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          WHAT COLOR IS THE BOATHOUSE?!
          Actually, there are three boathouses at Hereford... and they are all the color of cinderblocks.

Comment

• Yea, but how the fuck should I know.

/DeNiro'd

Comment

• My favorite chili recipe (not my own; it comes from a cookbook called "Heat Wave: the Best of Chile Pepper Magazine") does not use beans. I have nothing against a moderate amount of them in theory, but don't think of them as an absolute necessity.
              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I'm just a big fan of beans apparently. Now chili for hotdogs/burgers/whatever else, no beans. But a bowl of chili? I need beans. Unless someone can point me to a killer recipe that doesn't use them I'll stick with my weird bean recipe.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  I'm just a big fan of beans apparently. Now chili for hotdogs/burgers/whatever else, no beans. But a bowl of chili? I need beans. Unless someone can point me to a killer recipe that doesn't use them I'll stick with my weird bean recipe.
                  In total agreement. Maybe it's a midwest thing?
                  Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• I always thought chili had beans.

But you know how us latte liberals are, har har har.
                    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      Lisa, let me be honest about "my" chili. My great uncle used to make just incredible chili. Loved it to death. Thought it was the absolute best. I asked my mom a few years ago if she knew the recipe. She then broke the truth to me. My great uncle said it's such a pain in the ass to make a great chili recipe that everyone will enjoy, and years and years before he started buying Texas Chili packages from the grocery store, with all the ingredients pre-measured and just ready to be dumped into the pot. I was shocked. And hurt. NO WAY!

I then asked around the family. This was indeed the truth. After several failed attempts at my own chili, I decided to try the package. It was great. My only addition is to use deer meat instead of regular ground beef and add diced onions. Oh, and of course Fritos and chili con queso.
                      You and your great uncle are wise men, kind men, legendary chili making men.

Except for that part about your recipe calling for Bambi and his mom. *Snorffle!*
                      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Lisa, when we have the BDR get together, and I BBQ and serve chili with deer meat, and deer/pork sausage and you fall in love with it I promise not to tell you that Thumper is the third course.

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                          You and your great uncle are wise men, kind men, legendary chili making men.

Except for that part about your recipe calling for Bambi and his mom. *Snorffle!*
                          Lisa...

In parts of the world that are not Queens, we consider deer to be food.

Sorry, but it's true.

Comment

• Fucking A. Venison is so good.
                            "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                            *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              I'm just a big fan of beans apparently. Now chili for hotdogs/burgers/whatever else, no beans. But a bowl of chili? I need beans. Unless someone can point me to a killer recipe that doesn't use them I'll stick with my weird bean recipe.
                              Beans, beans, beans. The magical fruit. The more you eat. The more you toot.
                              We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                              - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Whilst perusing Facebook™, I saw a pic of Ming.

Ming got big. Real big. Which got me to thinking...

Peppered Ming/Rabbit Stew (Hasenpfeffer)

1 Ming (or 4 pounds normal rabbit), cleaned and cut into pieces
                                1/2 teaspoon salt
                                1/3 cup all-purpose flour
                                1/2 pound bacon, diced
                                1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
                                1 clove garlic, finely chopped
                                1 cup dry red wine
                                1 cup water
                                1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
                                1 tablespoon currant jelly
                                10 black peppercorns, crushed
                                1 bay leaf
                                1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
                                1/8 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
                                2 teaspoons lemon juice
                                3 tablespoons water
                                2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1: Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain on paper towels and set aside. Sprinkle Ming/rabbit with salt and coat with 1/3 cup flour, shaking off excess. Brown Ming/rabbit in remaining bacon fat. Remove from skillet, along with all but 2 tablespoons of the fat, and reserve.

2: Saute shallots and garlic in skillet for about 4 minutes, until tender. Stir in wine, 1 cup water and bouillon. Heat to boiling, then stir in jelly, peppercorns, bay leaf, rosemary and thyme. Return Ming/rabbit and bacon to skillet. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to low. Cover and let simmer about 1 1/2 hours or until Ming/rabbit is tender.

3: Remove bay leaf and discard. Place Ming/rabbit on a warm platter and keep warm while preparing gravy.

Gravy...

Stir lemon juice into skillet with cooking liquid. Combine 3 tablespoons water with 2 tablespoons flour and mix together; stir mixture into skillet over low heat. Finally, stir in thyme. Pour gravy over stew and serve, or pour into a gravy boat and serve on the side.

Serve Ming/rabbit with a fairly young Bordeaux, a Merlot, or Beaujolais.

Comment

Working...
                                X