Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's similar to my "mexican cornbread" recipe but with Chilli. So yeah, should be total winnage!
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The pulled pork sammies were pretty great last night. Way better than pulled pork that we were making in the crock pot. I also added some slaw which was great for adding some crunch. I think we are having them again tonight since they were so good AND we are so broke we can't afford dinner anyway.
      If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• For Jake: swiped it from a site, but heard good things regardless. There are a few off-shoots with more substance to them (e.g. the inclusion of bell peppers and the like), but basically follow the link, use black beans in place of the kidney beans (as they suck...for realz) and enjoy.

I followed a commenter's suggestion (the IMVINTAGE dude) to use vegetable broth in place of the water (water...wtf?) and mixed the beans and taters together anyway. It turned out well, and apparently they reheat even better. To kick it up a notch, I threw some Tapatio on 'em after they came outta the oven.
        Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-16-2010, 09:05 PM.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Have that pulled pork marinating right now. Also, got some ribs marinating as well. Got lucky on the pork rub. Found a rub at the store with the exact same ingredients as the rub she makes.

Comment

• Sweet. I recommend leaving the rub on a bit longer, and cooking it for at least an hour or more longer than it says.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Well it's going to marinate over night.

Comment

• *high five*
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I'm making ropa... but I bought a fucking insane huge pork roast, instead of a beef roast. I also dropped a shitload of cilantro in the crock pot, and the smell is nothing but pure, unrefined win.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                    I'm making ropa... but I bought a fucking insane huge pork roast, instead of a beef roast. I also dropped a shitload of cilantro in the crock pot, and the smell is nothing but pure, unrefined win.
                    perks up ears

The ropa you say?

Comment

• chicken and skirt steak marinating for fajita's tomorrow. Bell peppers, onions OMGIT'SGONNABESOTASTYI'MGONNACUMBUCKETSANDPOURTHEM ONYOU!!!
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I found a lovely fish at the market today, so...

Baked Red Snapper in a Salt Crust

INGREDIENTS:
                        3 cups all-purpose flour
                        1 cup cornmeal
                        1 1/4 cups coarse salt
                        1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
                        2 large egg whites
                        2-pound whole red snapper (with head and tail intact)
                        1/4 cup olive oil
                        2 shallots, minced
                        1/2 cup dry white wine
                        2 garlic cloves, minced
                        1 medium tomato, peeled, seeded, and chopped
                        1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
                        salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:
                        1. Preheat oven to 375°F.

2. Whisk together the flour, cornmeal, coarse salt, and rosemary in a large bowl. Add the egg whites and 1/2 cup of water, and stir with a wooden spoon until combined well. Add additional water (approximately 1/4 cup) until a stiff dough is formed. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to a size just large enough to enclose the fish and transfer the dough to a baking sheet.

3. Wrap the fish completely in the dough, pressing the edges together to seal them, and bake for 25 minutes.

4. While the fish is baking, heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a small saucepan over moderately low heat, add the shallots, and cook stirring, for 2 minutes, or until slightly softened. Add the wine and garlic, and boil the mixture until the liquid is reduced by half. Stir in the tomato and parsley, and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

5. Using a sharp knife, make a slit in the crust across the fish and just below the head. Then, make a long slit that goes along the center of the fish from that first cut straight down to the tail (you will now have a long T-cut on the upper side of the crust). Peel the crust away from the fish. Fillet the fish, divide it evenly between 2 plates, and spoon the sauce over and around the fish.

Comment

• You sir, are a mad man.
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• That sounds fucking stellar. I have so much catching up to do, cooking-wise, but I've been sticking to baked chicken breasts/thighs and ground turkey breast with rice and veggies and beans and shit just because it's fast and I can get in and out of our disaster-area of a kitchen and holy god I can't wait until they're done moving in fuck
                            "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                            *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Fish. Bleh. Think my dad is going to bump off one of the turkeys this weekend. Free range turkey anyone?
                              We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                              - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Holy shit my ribs are done and that pulled pork is VERY close but I snuck in a bite fuck me.

Comment

Working...
                                X