Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn that slaw receipe sounds great. I would have never thought of using oil rather than mayo.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
      THAT'S THE SPIRIT!
      When Martin gets all Ray Batty, I get the warm fuzzies...

Fish was top drawer! Even broke down and did it with tilapia.

Comment

• Vin's Fried Chicken

2-3 pounds of chicken pieces
        1 quart water
        3 tablespoons salt
        1 cup milk
        1 egg beaten
        2 cups flour
        1 teaspoon Accent
        1 tablespoon salt (for recipe)
        1 teaspoon black pepper
        Soybean Oil (DO NOT SUBSTITUTE!) for frying

1. Place chicken into large bowl of salted water and allow to soak for approximately 30 minutes.

2. Beat egg and mix with milk in a bowl. Add and mix flour, Accent, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl.

3. Preheat deep fryer to 350F, or place 3/4 inch oil in a skillet set on medium.

4. Remove and dry chicken using paper towels.

5. Dip in flour mixture, then dip in milk/eggs mixture, and then back into flour mixture. Do this one piece at a time and make damn sure that each piece is covered completely during each step.

6. If you are using a deep fryer, cook a few pieces at a time for about 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally. Similarly, if pan frying, cook covered, turning occasionally for about 25 - 30 minutes.

7. Make sure you check the middle of the largest chicken piece cooked to check for doneness. (No pink)

8. When done, allow chicken pieces drain on paper towels.

Enjoy with my patented Garlic-Cheese Mash!

Comment

• What's the smoke like with that oil? We don't have a deep fryer so it would be done in my big ass skillet.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Garlic-Cheese Mash

8 medium potatoes, boiled and drained
            4 ounce sour cream
            8 ounce cream cheese softened
            2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
            1/2 pound butter, softened
            1 tablespoon onion powder
            3 tablespoon garlic, minced
            3 tablespoon parsley, minced

1. Boil and drain potatoes.

2. Cut into cubes and fold in cream cheese, sour cream, cheese, onion powder, garlic, and parsley.

3. Mash well by hand, with ricer, or with an electric mixer.

4. Place in a casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes at 350 F.

Enjoy with my patented "Vin's Fried Chickenâ„¢"!

Comment

• DO WANT.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                What's the smoke like with that oil? We don't have a deep fryer so it would be done in my big ass skillet.
                The smoke point on refined soy oil is around 450F, so if you keep the heat around medium-high and not crowd the pan when you fry, then you're golden like a shower... or my chicken!

Comment

• SOLD. That's pretty much what my great-grandma's recipe was, but she used buttermilk instead of milk and Crisco instead of soybean oil. Also, I need to get my fucking cast-iron skillet back from my ex.
                  "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                  *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• If you guys have Big Lots out in El Lay, then pick one up there. That's where I got mine... for $10.

Comment

• Yeah, it's probably not worth getting back in touch with her just yet, but goddammit it was a really nice Lodge skillet.
                      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• what is ACCENT? A spice?
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• It's actually MSG...

You can make it without it, but it's not recommended.

Comment

• Never mind, beaten to the punch.
                            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I need help making a recipe. I want to recreate the picture seen here. What I cannot find out is what the southwest cream sauce used is made from. I have a southwest sauce I buy from the store currently that is delicious, but is definitely not close to what they have on the chicken. I spent hours last night looking for a recipe (laredo chicken from the Alamo Cafe in San Antonio) and it seems that Alamo Cafe is crazy secretive about their recipes. I found forums with posts by former employees saying that the chefs are under serious NDA and not even the hostesses/busboys could get the recipes. HELP ME OBI WAN KENOBI

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                                Vin's Fried Chicken

2-3 pounds of chicken pieces
                                1 quart water
                                3 tablespoons salt
                                1 cup milk
                                1 egg beaten
                                2 cups flour
                                1 teaspoon Accent
                                1 tablespoon salt (for recipe)
                                1 teaspoon black pepper
                                Soybean Oil (DO NOT SUBSTITUTE!) for frying

1. Place chicken into large bowl of salted water and allow to soak for approximately 30 minutes.

2. Beat egg and mix with milk in a bowl. Add and mix flour, Accent, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl.

3. Preheat deep fryer to 350F, or place 3/4 inch oil in a skillet set on medium.

4. Remove and dry chicken using paper towels.

5. Dip in flour mixture, then dip in milk/eggs mixture, and then back into flour mixture. Do this one piece at a time and make damn sure that each piece is covered completely during each step.

6. If you are using a deep fryer, cook a few pieces at a time for about 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally. Similarly, if pan frying, cook covered, turning occasionally for about 25 - 30 minutes.

7. Make sure you check the middle of the largest chicken piece cooked to check for doneness. (No pink)

8. When done, allow chicken pieces drain on paper towels.

Enjoy with my patented Garlic-Cheese Mash!
                                Very similar to mom's. AND IT IS GOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!
                                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X