This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're on!
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      I need some new quick recipes for during the week. Please hit me with your prepped and on the table under 30 minutes recipes!
      Slap any dry rub on a steak or chicken breast & grill or fry it.

Throw some baby carrots or corn on the cob into water & boil for a few minutes.

Make a Rice-a-Roni or Noodle Roni (or the Lipton or Knorr equivalent)

Works for me.
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Ah, Knorr!

The best of the instants!

Their Bearnaise mix is almost as good as home made.

Comment

• Sauteed Beef With Mushroom Ragoût And Parsley

For the beef
          6 oz fillet steak, cut into three slices diagonally
          1 tbsp olive oil
          salt and freshly ground black pepper

For the mushroom ragoût
          2 tbsp olive oil
          1oz butter
          8oz selection of mushrooms (Portobello, Shiitake, Porcini, etc.)
          2 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
          salt and freshly ground black pepper

For the beef, brush the beef slices with the olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat a frying pan until smoking and sear the beef for 1-2 minutes on both sides (for rare), or until cooked to your liking, then remove from the pan and leave to rest on a warm plate.

For the mushroom ragoût, heat the oil and butter together in a pan and fry the mushrooms for 6-8 minutes, then stir in the parsley and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

To serve, spoon the wild mushrooms onto a serving plate and place the beef slices on top.

Comment

• My mom, on special occasions, would make a dessert of such magnitude... that to think of it gives me chills.

I rarely make it... because I have no one in my life worthy enough to make it for. Yet.

But perhaps you do, my friends. Enjoy.

Cream Crowdie

1 tablespoons melted butter
            4 to 5 tablespoons medium-size oats (reserve a small amount to use as a garnish)
            1 cup heavy cream
            2 tablespoons honey
            1 tablespoons single malt Scotch whiskey
            Approximately 1 cup berries (e.g., raspberries, blackberries or blueberries)
            Sprig of mint for garnish
            Optional: toasted nuts such as almonds instead of oats as garnish

Preparation Method:

Lightly brown oats in a pan that has been coated with melted butter. Remove from heat and allow to cool.

Beat heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add honey and then whiskey. Fold in the toasted oats. Layer in a tall glass, beginning with a small amount of berries, then whipped-cream mixture.

Alternate layers of berries and cream, ending with a few berries. Garnish with toasted oats or nuts and a sprig of mint.

Nom.

Comment

• gotdamn
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• panko encrusted tilapia, brown rice, and a tangysweet slaw. YUM.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Sounds good...

but where's the recipe?

Comment

• He's got ya there, Rob.
                    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Haha, I thought this was the dinner thread.

But the recipe is pretty basic.

FISH
                      package of tilipia fillets
                      panko crumbs
                      2 eggs
                      flour
                      salt/pepper/whatever you dig on
                      vegetable oil
                      lemon
                      thyme
                      SLAW
                      package of slaw (easier for me and cheaper than buying cabbage, carrots, etc)
                      dijion mustard
                      pickle relish
                      honey
                      vegetable oil

SLAW STUFF
                      Mix 1-2 tablespoons of mustard, relish, honey in a bowl (use more or less of these ingrediants as you like. We use more honey, less of the other stuff)
                      season with salt and pepper
                      wisk in 1/4 cup of veggie oil
                      pour in cabbage and mix
                      DONE

FISH STUFF:
                      get three shallow bowls. Fill one with flour, one with the 2 eggs (beaten) and one with the panko crumbs.
                      Season panko crumbs with salt/pepper/thyme/garlic/whatever you want.
                      Take fish out of package, dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
                      Then dredge in flour, then egg, then panko.
                      You can double dip this shit if you want.
                      Heat oil in a skillet. Enough to coat the bottom, at least 1 tablespoon over medium high heat.
                      Place fish in the oil.
                      Cook 3-4 mins per side or until the crumbs are golden brown.
                      Remove from pan.
                      Cover with juice from half a lemon.
                      Top with slaw (or on side, Lesley prefers to top the fish with the slaw)

CHOW DOWN.

Really basic and I'm sure one of you guys will come in here with some amazing recipe that is better than this one. but this is cheap as fuck and tasty as hell.

Comment

• Relax your crack, Foghorn...

You just made up my mind as far as dinner for tonight goes. Not a tilapia fan, though. Might go with sole.

Comment

• Yeah will work with any white fish i believe. Don't hunt me down if it's not good...

Also, the first time we made this we did everything the same but toasted up some tasty bread and made fish sammiches. PRetty tasty that way too.

Comment

• Also, that's our "somewhat healthy" version. If you don't give a shit, add 3 tablespoons of butter to the oil before frying the fish.

Comment

• Well... I haven't spent the last 43 years worrying. I'm not about to start now.

Comment

• THAT'S THE SPIRIT!
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X