X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Fuck Brussel sprouts.
    Agreed. Instant retching.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Fuck Brussel sprouts. Along with broccolli and cauliflower.

You nearly got me Vin. Nearly.
      Fine... deny yourself a new experience. Who am I to judge you?

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
      Agreed. Instant retching.
      As previously stated... eat what you will. I will not force you.

Comment

Fuck Brussel sprouts. Along with broccolli and cauliflower.
        nnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooo
        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• I will take broccoli, cauliflower, and brussel sprouts! I love em! Just no beets.

Comment

• and I LOVE beets. hell yes.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Beets FTW!
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• damn...totally in the mood for a good, heaping bowl of borscht right now.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Borscht... My Fucking Way!

2 pounds medium beets, peeled and quartered
                  11 cups water
                  1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
                  1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
                  2 tablespoons cider vinegar
                  Salt and freshly ground pepper
                  1 medium Yukon Gold potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
                  1 pound small cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
                  1 cup finely diced radishes
                  4 scallions, thinly sliced
                  3 large hard-cooked eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
                  1/4 cup coarsely chopped dill
                  1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
                  Sour cream or crème fraîche, for serving

In a large pot, cover the quartered beets with the water and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderately low heat until the beets are tender when pierced with a fork, about 30 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the beets to a plate.

Coarsely shred the beets in a food processor. Return them to the pot and add the sugar, lemon juice and cider vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate the soup until chilled, for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.

Meanwhile, bring a small saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the potato cubes and cook until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain and cool under cold water. Pat dry and transfer to a medium bowl. Add the cucumbers, radishes, scallions, eggs, dill and parsley.

Ladle the chilled borscht into bowls. Garnish with the vegetable and chopped egg mixture, top with a generous dollop of sour cream and serve.

Don't like it?

DON'T MAKE IT!

Comment

• oh hell yes. hell yes.

Comment

• Didn't have a Borsch recipe before. Nice!
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Beef And Beer Stew

1/2 pound of stew beef... or whatever cut of beef you wish
                        salt and freshly ground black pepper
                        plain flour, for dusting
                        2 oz butter
                        1 onion, sliced
                        1/2 cup beer, whatever your brand. For this, I use a strong German dark, like a doppel bock
                        1 bay leaf
                        pinch sugar
                        a few drops of Worcestershire sauce
                        boiled new potatoes, to serve
                        chopped fresh parsley, to garnish

1. Cut the beef into 1/2 in slices. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and dust with flour.

2. Place a heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat and melt the butter. Add the beef to the pan and brown it on both sides before transferring it onto a plate.

3. In the same pan, cook the onion for five minutes, then add it to the plate with the beef.

4. Pour the beer into the skillet to deglaze it, scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon. Return the beef and onions to the pan and bring to the boil.

5. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, add the bay leaf and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the meat is tender.

6. Check the seasoning once again, adding a pinch of sugar and a few drops of Worcestershire sauce if desired. Serve with boiled new potatoes. Garnish with the parsley if you like.

7. Nom...

Comment

• That I will try! Sounds awesome!!
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Yeah, and affordable. Except I'm gonna go to Whole Foods for my beef because I made the mistake of finally watching Food, Inc this week.
                            "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                            *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
                              Yeah, and affordable. Except I'm gonna go to Whole Foods for my beef because I made the mistake of finally watching Food, Inc this week.
                              I pay double for my ground beef so I can get free range. It makes a difference.

Comment

• I had Mu Shu Beef from my local Chinky takeaway place last night, and even though it was good, it was $11 not including the tip for the delivery guy. Still, it's nice to spoil yourself and not have to cook every so often.

So... you like a good Chinky once in a while, but you have limited funds.

Try this.

1 lbs. chicken breast - cut into 1/8 - 1/4 inch thick strips
                                1 tablespoon peanut oil for stir-frying
                                1 package coleslaw mix ( the bagged version you find in the fresh produce section )
                                2/3 cup green onions
                                1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger (use more if you'd like)
                                1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup water
                                8 flour tortillas (8 inch diameter), warmed
                                1/3 cup hoisin sauce

Marinade:
                                2 tablespoons soy sauce
                                2 tablespoons water
                                1 tablespoon sesame oil (olive oil works fine in a pinch)
                                3 cloves garlic, crushed
                                2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
                                2 teaspoons granulated sugar

1: Slice chicken into thin strips. In a medium bowl combine marinade ingredients and add chicken, tossing to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 10 - 15 minutes.

2: Remove chicken from marinade, discard marinade. Heat wok and add peanut oil, or just heat large non-stick frying pan. Add chicken and stir-fry until it turns white (about 3 - 5 minutes.)

3: Add coleslaw mix, green onions, ginger, and cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened and bubbly.

To assemble, spread one side of each tortilla with 2 teaspoons of hoisin sauce, spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture in center of each tortilla. Fold bottom edge up over filling. Fold right and left sides to center, overlapping edges. Makes 8 wraps.

NOTE: A lot of you shop at Whole Foods... and if not, you need to. But they sell the spring roll pastry sheets there. It makes the meal a bit more authentically Chinky... but choose your own adventure.

Comment

Working...
                                X