Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is probably cheating, because I started with a store made base, but man, was this easy and delicious:

Chicken Corn Chowder
    - 1 Bag Dehydrated Cream of Potato Soup mix
    - 1 pound boneless chicken
    - 1 bag frozen sweet corn

Bring the required amount of water to a boil (my bag was 8 cups) with the corn in it. While it's coming to a boil, grill the chicken ( I have a stove top grill I use). When the water's boiling, add the mix, stir. Once the chick is cooked through, shred by hand directly into the soup. The soup will be done cooking after 15 minutes. Eat. Enjoy the hell out of it.

Note, I'm a big guy with a big appetite, and one bowl of this for dinner filled me up, and you'll make about a gallon of delicious chowder for under ten bucks.
    "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
    - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
    http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
    http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• that corn chowder sounds awesome, Chris. May try that this week.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• My mom used to make these for me, so to honor her, I'll share this recipe with you.

Welsh Pasties

1 six oz. rump steak
        1 tsp paprika
        a pinch of chili flakes
        ½ clove garlic, chopped
        1 lime, juice only
        salt
        3 sheets ready-made filo pastry
        melted butter to seal and glaze

1. Preheat the oven to 400F
        2. Place the steak, paprika, chili flakes, garlic, lime and salt into the food processor and blend to a smooth paste.
        3. Using a large pastry cutter or a knife and a small plate as a guide, cut rounds in the filo pastry.
        4. Place some of the beef mixture onto one half of each round. Brush the edge of the pastry with melted butter and fold over the other side of the pastry to seal into a pasty shape. Use a fork to decorate the sealed edge and brush the pastry with melted butter.
        5. Place onto a greased baking sheet and place in the oven to bake for 10 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
        6. Nom.

Comment

• OH MY GOD, PASTIES.
          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
          *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Chocolate-raspberry ice cream (philadelphia-style)

Chocolate-Raspberry Ice Cream (Philadelphia-style)

Ingredients

1 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
            5 Tbsp Unsweetened Dutch-process Cocoa Powder (high-quality one, like Barry or Valhrona)
            2/3 Cup Sugar
            2 Cups Raspberries, fresh or frozen

Whisk together the cream, cocoa powder, and sugar in a large saucepan. Heat the mixture, whisking frequently, until it comes to a full, rolling boil (it will start to foam up). Remove from the heat and add the raspberries. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.

Puree the mixture in a food processor or blender. If you wish, press the mixture through a mesh strainer to remove the seeds.

Allow the mixture to chill thoroughly, then freeze it in an ice cream maker.

Accept to get laid by your partner because this thing is fucking SEX.

Makes about 3 cups. Of Chocolate-raspberry SEX.
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Italian Stir-Fry

2 large carrots, sliced in half then cut ¼in thick
              2 celery sticks sliced in half then cut ¼in thick
              2 bulbs fennel, finely sliced
              1 can cherry tomatoes, drained
              1lb shrimp, peeled and uncooked
              handful parsley, chopped
              ¼ glass white wine
              4 tbsp Italian olive oil
              2 dried red chilis
              large bag of arugula
              5oz croutons

1. In a large wok heat the olive oil.
              2. Immediately put all the vegetables in and allow to gently fry for approximately 2 minutes.
              3. Add the chilis and then the shrimp with a pinch of salt.
              4. Flavor with the white wine and allow to simmer.
              5. Add the cherry tomatoes, season with salt, sprinkle with parsley and take off the heat.
              6. Stir in the croutons and immediately serve on a bed of cold arugula.
              7. Nom.

Comment

• Before you ask, yes... I'm on a Stilton kick. I realize that it may not be available to all of you, so you can replace it in this recipe with Gorgonzola... which is almost as good.

Steak Surprise

1 tbsp olive oil
                1 6oz sirloin steak
                salt and freshly ground black pepper
                1oz Stilton, sliced (or Gorgonzola)
                1 tbsp clear honey

1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
                2. Rub the oil all over the steak using your hands, then season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
                3. Heat a chargrill pan until hot and fry the steak for one minute on each side, or until golden-brown on both sides. Transfer to a baking tray, place the Stilton (or Gorgonzola ) slices on top of the steak and drizzle over the honey. Bake in the oven for 4-5 minutes (for medium), or until the steak is cooked to your liking, and the cheese is bubbling and golden-brown. Remove from the oven and set the steak aside on a warm plate to rest for 10 minutes. Once rested, slice into three pieces.

Now... here's the surprise.

While the steak is cooking, take 6 to 8 Brussels sprouts and boil them until just tender. Remove them and place in a bowl with 1/2 tsp of chili powder and a pinch of salt and black pepper.

Mash them thoroughly with a potato masher or similar instrument, then transfer to a plate. Serve the sliced steak on top of them.

I know what you're thinking. Just try it. If it was not good, I would not share the recipe with you...
                Last edited by V; 05-12-2010, 07:57 AM. Reason: I'm a dyslexic bastard...

Comment

• sounds REALLY easy and REALLY tasty...and yeah, I'm also one of the few people that I know that actually likes brussels sprouts. I'll definitely be trying this one out.
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• MASHED brussels sprouts? I love them, but I never thought to mash them shits. I usually just cut them in half and toss them with olive oil, sea salt, cracked pepper, minced garlic, and lemon juice and roast them in the oven with a bit of shaved parmigiano reggiano on top right before they're done roasting.
                    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~

Comment

• That's how I got my kids to eat them...

Mash them up, and they look like something else. Wait until they've cleaned their plates, then hit them with the reveal.

"YOU JUST ATE BRUSSELS SPROUTS, YOUNG FOOLS!", then give the evil laugh.

To which they replied...

"Well... make them again tomorrow night. They were good."

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                        That's how I got my kids to eat them...

Mash them up, and they look like something else. Wait until they've cleaned their plates, then hit them with the reveal.

"YOU JUST ATE BRUSSELS SPROUTS, YOUNG FOOLS!", then give the evil laugh.

To which they replied...

"Well... make them again tomorrow night. They were good."
                        lol

"HA! TRICKED YOU!"
                        "...Okay, cool."

~

Comment

• That is one of those awesome kid moments. Reminds me of that great thread in the other place...
                          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Vin, my woman (whom I send all your recipes) has demanded a recipe for Charlotte Russe.

Comment

• Fuck Brussel sprouts. Along with broccolli and cauliflower.

You nearly got me Vin. Nearly.
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                                Vin, my woman (whom I send all your recipes) has demanded a recipe for Charlotte Russe.
                                Very well...

Keep in mind that this is a two-step recipe; first you make the coffee/cognac gelatin. Then once it has cooled, you mix it in a bowl of freshly-whipped heavy cream and pour it into a spring pan lined with lady fingers and chill until serving time.

1 tsp. powdered expresso coffee
                                2 packets of unflavored gelatin
                                1 cup of sugar
                                3 cups of whole milk
                                1/8 cup of cognac
                                1 tsp. vanilla
                                1 pint of heavy whipping cream
                                2 packets of ladyfingers (Often, stores don’t carry ladyfingers but instead their bakery department can sell them to you. They only buy them to make their cakes. So if you can’t find ladyfingers... just ask the bakery department!)

1: In a heavy pot... heat milk, expresso, gelatin, and sugar until sugar and gelatin are melted (just before the boil). Stir often. When mixture is melted, take mixture off of the burner, and add the cognac. Cool for ½ hour. Place in refrigerator for 2 hours (approx).

2: Using parchment or wax paper, trace the bottom of the spring pan, cut and place. Then do the same for the sides of the spring pan. This is done so you can easily separate the spring pan from the charlotte. Split the ladyfingers and place it around the sides. Do the same for the bottom of the pan using torn pieces to cover any holes.

3: On the high setting of your mixer, whip the cream and vanilla until the whipped cream can hold up a spoon. Add gelatin mixture and mix until it is blended. Pour into the spring pan. Decorate with powdered cocoa or semi-sweet chocolate shavings. At serving time, open the spring pan, and remove the paper around the sides.
                                Last edited by V; 05-12-2010, 10:04 AM. Reason: Because I can't fucking spell!

Comment

Working...
                                X