X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Rib-off it is, bitches.

I'll make both recipes over the next 2 months, and I'll declare a winner. Rob, can you link your recipe plz?
    His is the first post on the thread...

Are you going to use impartial victi... I mean, tasters?

Comment

• Shit, Vin's will win based on his recipe here. My rub I posted was the one I used before my bro started giving me his. I'll save you the trouble Martin. V wins.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• You made the right move, Rob.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Dammit I gotta make ribs next week now. Also, would it be blasphemy for me to have one rack sauced and one rack dry? I know the answer's "yes it's blasphemy you douchebag" but some o' my people like barbecue sauce.
          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
          *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Fuck off Rob. Don't Daniel Larusso. I'm the ref. You challenged Vin.

Gimme a damned recipe. Even if it's your bro's. Or find one.
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I'd want to make ribs, if I could store a BBQ at my place. Damn....

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
                Dammit I gotta make ribs next week now. Also, would it be blasphemy for me to have one rack sauced and one rack dry? I know the answer's "yes it's blasphemy you douchebag" but some o' my people like barbecue sauce.
                Not at all! I'm just not partial to sauce unless I make it.

Here's the recipe.

Bourbon Barbecue Sauce

Ingredients:
                2 teaspoons vegetable oil
                1/4 cup minced onion
                1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
                1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
                2 tablespoons Bourbon whiskey
                2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
                2 teaspoons lemon juice
                1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
                1/4 teaspoon Crystal Hot Sauce
                1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
                1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
                1/2 teaspoon coarse salt

Directions:
                1. Heat the vegetable oil over moderate heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until onion is soft and light golden brown.
                2. Add the remaining ingredients, and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. (The sauce will thicken slightly.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  Fuck off Rob. Don't Daniel Larusso. I'm the ref. You challenged Vin.

Gimme a damned recipe. Even if it's your bro's. Or find one.

Here's the problem, my recipe (on page one) is for people that don't have access to grills. And ribs ALWAYS TASTE BETTER on the grill/smoked. But technically you could make my recipe and after they come out of the oven, grill them for a few mins over some charcoal and you'd be good to go.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• So...Vin...when is 'Ryback's' going to officially open for business?
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Vin's working on securing a gov't business loan, and wheedling potential investors...

Also, I don't want to open a restaurant in Philly... too many palms to grease here. I may end up relocating. Not sure where, though.

Comment

• I hope he get's Michael Ironside to either become a greeter or cut the ribbon at the opening.

Comment

• Houston Vin! Houston has the most restaurants per capita than any other place in the world, literally. The foodie population is fairly high though, and good places stay open foreeeeeeeever. And for being in Houston, a decent BBQ joint is few and far between.

Comment

• Out of curiosity, how much does it cost to open up a restaurant nowadays?
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              Out of curiosity, how much does it cost to open up a restaurant nowadays?
                              Bare minimum? $200K

Nice? Tack on another 200...

Comment

• that's actually a lot less than I would have guessed.

Comment

Working...
                                X