Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's my problem with most of these recipes. It's either spend the money on the ingredients or on beer. Beer usually wins. ahha
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Well, we hit Jerry's and started pricing cheese. Holy shit, Stilton is EXPENSIVE.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Vin's meatloaf receipe worked out great. It gets the offical "Let me tell ya" seal of approval.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          Well, we hit Jerry's and started pricing cheese. Holy shit, Stilton is EXPENSIVE.
          Replace with the following cheeses...

Gorgonzola
          Sharp Cheddar
          Brie

That should cut down the price tag considerably.

Comment

• you da man.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Sorry... I sometimes forget that most other people are not willing to spend a fortune on food like I am, and for that, I apologise.

Comment

• Shit man, the recipe you sent me is gonna cost me a ton,but I can't fucking wait to try it. Just waiting on getting a cast iron dutch oven soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                  Replace with the following cheeses...

Gorgonzola
                  Sharp Cheddar
                  Brie

That should cut down the price tag considerably.
                  Jesus fuck. You put blue cheese in you Mac n cheese? That's dedication.
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                    Sorry... I sometimes forget that most other people are not willing to spend a fortune on food like I am, and for that, I apologise.
                    Good food means never having to say you're sorry. I admire a man that has his priorities so far into whack. Eating is one of life's finest pleasures, and should, whenever possible, be enjoyed to the utmost, IMO. Unfortunately, financial considerations do hamper this goal from time to time, but some indulgence is in order at least every once in awhile. You get out of food what you put into it, ingredients-wise.
                    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Mom's pierogi filling:

Peel, cube & boil white potatoes until tender. Then mash 'em w/ a little butter & milk, to get a soft but not creamy consistency. A few lumps are OK.

Dice & fry in butter 1 (or more, if nec.) white onions until translucent.

Add the onions & a generous amount of cottage cheese (to be ethnically authentic, she should probably use diced farmer's cheese, but mom never did), along w/ a few pinches of salt & black pepper. Combine thoroughly.

You can fill simple dough pockets (the usual flour/egg/water mixture) with this, crimping the ends shut, boiling them a few mins in water, then frying them in butter & onions, served w/ sour cream & salt & pepper. Or you can serve this as a simple, but very tasty side dish. One of the recipes my wife requests the most when we have holiday dinners at Mom's.

On a somewhat related note, she made a side dish called pot cheese & noodles, which is exactly the same, but substitute small shells for the potatoes. All the comfort (food) of home, to me.
                      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• shit i really want pierogies
                        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• LOVE pierogies.
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Gotta find a decent restaurant 'round these parts for 'em. There's a fuckload of Russian and Jewish restaurants about so there's gotta be one somewhere
                            "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~

Comment

• Cheap Ham Sandwich

1 package Carl Buddig chopped and formed ham
                              1 loaf store brand white bread
                              1 jar store brand mayo or mustard

Fuck... I can't do it.

I feel sick.

Comment

• Don't be a fucking douchebag what are you doing it should be Miracle Whip none of that gay-ass mayo or mustard and put some Kraft American Cheese or some Velveeta on that shit you pussy what the fuck this ain't a hick sandwich it doesn't even have any potato chips on it oh my god

~

Comment

Working...
                                X