Clear All

• Chicken Thighs Braised with Balsamic Vinegar and Porcini

Ingredients:
    1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
    6 large chicken thighs, bone-in
    salt and pepper to taste
    5 garlic cloves, peeled
    all-purpose flour for dredging
    2 1/4-inch-thick slices of slab bacon (about 1/4 pound), cut crosswise into 1/3-inch pieces
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1/2 cup fruity red wine, such as young Beaujolais
    1/2 cup beef broth
    3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
    1 teaspoon arrowroot dissolved in 2 teaspoons cold water
    3/4 cup drained and chopped canned tomatoes
    1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
    chopped fresh parsley for garnish

Directions:
    1. In a small bowl let the porcini soak in 1 cup hot water for 10 minutes, or until they are soft. Drain them well, strain the liquid, and reserve.
    2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Chop 2 of the garlic cloves, adding a little salt, until a rough paste is formed. Cut a horizontal slit in each thigh, just above the bone, and divide the garlic-salt paste evenly among the 6. Dredge the chicken thighs in the flour, shaking off the excess. In a large, heavy skillet, cook the bacon over moderately high heat, stirring, until it is golden and crisp. Transfer it with a slotted spoon to paper towels. To the skillet, add the chicken, skin side down, and cook it, turning occasionally, for about 15 minutes, or until it is golden and crisp. Transfer the chicken with a slotted spoon to a plate, season it with salt, and discard the fat in the skillet.
    3. Mince the remaining 3 garlic cloves. Add the olive oil to the skillet, and cook the garlic over moderate heat for 1 minute. Add the reserved porcini liquid, wine, broth, and the 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar. Increase the heat to high, and boil for 5 minutes. Add the arrowroot mixture in a stream, stirring. Stir in the tomatoes and add the chicken, turning it to coat with the sauce. Reduce the heat to moderately low and simmer the mixture, covered, for 10 minutes. Stir in the porcini and bacon, and simmer, covered, over low heat for about 10 more minutes (do not allow the sauce to become too thick).
    4. When ready to serve, stir in the 1 tablespoon of aged balsamic vinegar, season to taste, and sprinkle the dish with the chopped parsley.
    5. Nom.

Comment

• *Curses his piss poor attention span and inability to make anything beyond five steps*
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I just shot.
        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
          I just shot.
          Jake loves my loverly chickens!

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
          *Curses his piss poor attention span and inability to make anything beyond five steps*
          Here's a less than 5 stepper...

Ginger-Hoisin Chicken Thighs

Ingredients:
          1/2 cup coarsely chopped peeled fresh ginger
          1 tablespoon coarsely chopped garlic (about 2 large cloves)
          1/2 cup hoisin sauce
          2 tablespoons soy sauce
          2 tablespoons sugar
          1/4 cup water
          8 large chicken thighs, boned

Directions:
          1. Place the first six ingredients in the work bowl of a food processor. Process for a few minutes, or until you have a smooth purée.
          2. Score the underside of each chicken thigh with a knife, 1/4 inch deep, in 3 or 4 places. Rub the ginger-hoisin purée all over the chicken thighs, place them in a bowl, cover tightly, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours and up to 24 hours.
          3. When ready to cook, place the thighs in a roasting pan, skin side up, and put them under a preheated broiler for 7 to 8 minutes, or until the skins are crunchy-brown. Turn the thighs over, and broil for 3 to 4 minutes more, or until the chicken is just cooked through. Transfer the chicken thighs to paper towels, and then to serving plates.
          4. Nom.

Comment

• You're onto something here.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Sorry... I'm on a roll tonight.

What Alfredo Sauce SHOULD Have Been...

Ingredients:
              1/4 pound fatty prosciutto, sliced very thin
              2 tablespoons unsalted butter
              4 large eggs
              salt and pepper to taste
              pinch of nutmeg
              6 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano plus additional as an accompaniment if desired

Directions:
              1. Separate the prosciutto into fat and meat. finely chop the fat; cut the meat into broad strips.
              2. In a heavy saucepan over moderately low heat melt the butter. Add the minced prosciutto fat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, or until the fat has begun to melt and the liquid in the pan is just starting to turn brown. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
              3. Beat the eggs for 30 seconds in a mixing bowl. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Add a few drops of the butter/prosciutto fat mixture. Add a few larger drops. Keep adding more, until all is incorporated, then return the mixture to the pan. Cook over very low heat for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the egg mixture has just begun to thicken. When it's ready, beat in the nutmeg.
              4. Place cooked pasta in a wide, shallow mixing bowl. Toss with the egg mixture, the reserved strips of prosciutto meat, and the 6 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano. Season to taste, adding more nutmeg if desired. (If you find the sauce too thick, thin it with as much as 2 to 3 tablespoons of the hot pasta cooking water.) Serve directly from the mixing bowl. Pass additional Parmigiano-Reggiano if desired.

Comment

• you had me at fatty prosciutto.

Good GOD, Vin...you're gonna totally kill my diet.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  you had me at fatty prosciutto.

Good GOD, Vin...you're gonna totally kill my diet.
                  Fuck your diet.

I'm on a mission to make you people love life again...

And if I can't get you laid, then I'll feed you until you can't move!

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                    In order to make my lovely pizza... you must make your own dough.

Ingredients:
                    1 1/4 ounce package active-dry yeast
                    1 1/2 cups warm water
                    1/8 teaspoon granulated sugar
                    3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, or more as needed
                    1 teaspoon salt
                    2 tablespoons olive oil plus additional for the bowl

Directions:
                    1. Dissolve the yeast in 1/2 cup of the water with the sugar in a small bowl and let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
                    2. Place the flour and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the center. Stir the yeast mixture, remaining warm water, and oil into the well.
                    3. Work with your hands to form a dough, adding more flour if necessary. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until the dough is smooth, elastic, and just past sticky, at least 5 minutes.
                    4. Let the dough rise in a lightly oiled bowl, covered with a towel, in a warm place for 2 hours, or until more than doubled in bulk.

Makes enough dough for 1 large pie

Now... for one of my pizza recipes.
                    Nice recipe. VERY close to mine.

Here's a easy and traditional pizza sauce recipe I learned from an Italian cook. From Naple. BOOYA!

1 onion (optional)
                    2 cloves of garlic, minced
                    1 can of whole italian tomatoes (28oz)
                    Oregano, dried basil, or marjoram (pinch)

Cook the onion and garlic in olive oil for a few short minutes, and then add the tomatoes, and crush trhen with your hands as you pour them.

Bring to boil, then lower the heat and let simmer for 30 minutes.

Voilà. Let cool before putting on the pizza.
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Polenta with Gorgonzola and Mascarpone

Ingredients:
                      2 1/2 cups water
                      2 cups chicken stock
                      3 large sprigs of fresh sage
                      1 teaspoon salt
                      1 cup yellow cornmeal
                      1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
                      1/4 cup Gorgonzola dolce
                      2 tablespoons unsalted butter
                      freshly ground black pepper to taste
                      10 sage leaves, slivered
                      Parmigiano-Reggiano for grating

Directions:
                      1. Bring the water, chicken stock, sage sprigs, and salt to a boil in a large saucepan and boil, covered, for 3 minutes. Discard sage sprigs. Reduce the heat to moderate so that the liquid comes to a simmer.
                      2. Pour in the cornmeal by the handful in a thin stream very slowly, whisking constantly in one direction. When all the cornmeal is added, begin stirring with a long-handled wooden spoon. Keep the mixture at a bare simmer and stir frequently. Cook the polenta, stirring and crushing any lumps that might form against the side of the pan, for 15 to 20 minutes. (As it cooks the polenta will thicken considerably.) The polenta is done when it comes away effortlessly from the side of the pan.
                      3. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk mascarpone, Gorgonzola, and butter into the polenta. Pour polenta into serving bowls and sprinkle with pepper and sage. Pass Parmigiano-Reggiano at the table for grating.
                      4. Nom.

Comment

• Ahhh. Mascarpone.

The cheese that women love. Until they learn it's 83% fat content. So delicious!
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• From a bro on another board:

i made some curry chicken salad

roasted 2 chicken breasts with just s+p at 425 for like 35 mins

in food processor:
                          1/2 cup mayo
                          1/2 cup 2% greek yogurt
                          2 tsp curry powder
                          salt and pepper

whizzed that up. then added some chopped celery, green onion, and cashews. mixed together with the chicken that i cubed up. done.
                          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~

Comment

• sounds really tasty, Jake.
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Tonight's feast...

Pulpo Gallego

1 1/2- to 2-pound octopus, cleaned
                              1 1/2 cups fino sherry
                              3 cups water
                              2 large garlic cloves, smashed and peeled, plus 4 large cloves, peeled and finely minced
                              1 teaspoon black peppercorns
                              1/2 lemon, sliced
                              2 1/2 teaspoons paprika
                              1 pound waxy potatoes, peeled and cut in slices
                              1 tablespoon olive oil
                              3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
                              coarse salt to taste

Directions:
                              1. Place the octopus in a medium saucepan and cover with 1 cup of the sherry and the water (the liquids should just cover the octopus). Add the 2 smashed garlic cloves, peppercorns, lemon, and 2 teaspoons of the paprika. Bring to a simmer and simmer gently, covered, adding the potato slices during the last 20 minutes of the cooking, until the octopus is tender, about 45 minutes. When the octopus is cooked, remove for heat and keep covered.
                              2. While the octopus is cooking, place the 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small sauté pan over moderately low heat. Add the remaining garlic cloves to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until garlic is softened. Increase heat to high, and add the remaining 1/2 cup of sherry and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of paprika. Boil the liquid until it is reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Remove from heat, and whisk in the 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
                              3. Remove octopus from cooking liquid, and slice into serving pieces. Arrange with potato slices on 4 individual plates, drizzle the sauce over all, and top with coarse salt to taste. Serve immediately.

Comment

• god I want to bang just after reading that I fucking love octopus

~

Comment

Working...
                                X