Nintendo Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nintendo Switch

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/f5uik5fgIaI?rel=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

so fucking on board. I still play the shit outta my Wii U AND my 3DS. This looks awesome.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Switch looks awesome, but Skyrim is the Mass Effect 3 of that lineup. LOOK KIDS HARDCOOOOOOOOOOOORE GAMES!

But yeah. Sold me in 3 minutes when they couldn't sell me a Wii U in 3 years. No fucking awful tablet controller to hold makes all the difference.

Other question...cartridges? Really? Hmmm. How will patches and such work?

Comment

Maybe they will be shipping finished games so no patches will be necessary. A revelation!

Comment

That is simply not the reality of video games for the last 13 years.

Comment

I hold judgement till some hands on time by someone not employed by Nintendo happens. That video looks awesome BUT is that the reality of that machine? We don't really know yet.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

The way I understand it from PR flackies is that the cartridge loads the game onto an HDD like a Rom. From there, patches and other junk will be downloaded via Internet connection.

I love how Nintendo dumps so much cash into hardware development, but the software and game selection always feels dodgy.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

The biggest takeaway is that we're getting a new 3d Mario game and a new Splatoon. YES.

Comment

I just wonder how they handle the HDD. Like..are they throwing 500GB worth of flash into that thing? Cuz that's expensiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive.

Comment

Yeah and what are the graphical capabilities of something that small? I know graphics aren't the end all, be all BUT most of your current gen games are being made with them pushed as far as they can. I don't want to play a gen or two ago's games because the controller/screen is neat.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Now, there's allegations that it's just the NVidia Shield repackaged for Nintendo. Like quite literally nothing changed since 2014.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Nvidia put out a blog on the tech behind it. It's the tegra. So a perfectly fine chip, and puts it basically on parity with current Xbone and PS4...which ok. Those two are pushing hardware further, but that's not an awful place to be.

Comment

Wait and see is my approach at the moment.

Comment

Same here. I think it's a really interesting idea. But like every other Nintendo machine I'm going to wait to see what kind of first party games show up since third party support will be nonexistent.

Comment

The Nintendo lineup will always be there. I didn't like Wii or Wii U because of the stupid controller. The new pro controller looks great. It's basically just an Xbone controller.

Comment

Working...
                              X