Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You are sitting on a little bit of a gold mine here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are sitting on a little bit of a gold mine here...

So as you probably already know, AMC is coming out with a show based on the Walking Dead comic. If you were to re-purpose this podcast to talk about the show, get some of the people who make it in as interviewees, and maybe talk about related horror-type things, you could generate huge traffic and thus revenue. Slap this puppy up in iTunes and everyone will find you when they start looking for podcasts to do with the show. If those total fucking sycophants who mewl over the Heroes show can make money doing so, why not you guys??

Record a pre-tv-show podcast that goes over the history of the comic, and speculation on how the show will go. 'Tis the doorway to an expanded audience it 'tis, not just for Talking Dead, but for all of the shows that get hosted here. Something to consider. You should also think about registering www.thetalkingdead.com if you can get it, even if all that it does is point to www.braindeadradio.com.
    <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Already ahead of you sir. But I'm not doing a podcast about the show. However I already own thetalkingdead.com

And I'm not even squatting. Woot.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      Already ahead of you sir. But I'm not doing a podcast about the show. However I already own thetalkingdead.com

And I'm not even squatting. Woot.
      You wouldn't consider switching the format, maybe incorporating what you are already doing with the Talking Dead show into one of your other properties? It's called selling out Rob, its what people do to make money :P

Comment

That would require that Ceej watches the show. he won't. He has no cable. Also, there is already anotehr talking dead podcast (it shows up in itunes) that is about the Walking Dead. And it's boring as fuck. I'd rather just own the fucking domain and hope that someone wants to buy it from me.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

That would require that Ceej watches the show. he won't. He has no cable. Also, there is already anotehr talking dead podcast (it shows up in itunes) that is about the Walking Dead. And it's boring as fuck. I'd rather just own the fucking domain and hope that someone wants to buy it from me.
          heh, alrighty then!

Comment

I'll do the show with you Rob, but you have to agree to a 10 minute segment each week discussing the moral/logistical issues behind human/zombie intercourse.

Comment

yeah People that do whole podcasts regarding one show annoy the fuck outta me. My attention skills are not that great. Plus I have way too much shit going on to even think about interviewing people, getting in that business, etc. I'm an antisocial fuckstick. I'll keep it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                I'll do the show with you Rob, but you have to agree to a 10 minute segment each week discussing the moral/logistical issues behind human/zombie intercourse.
                We already covered that. I would totally fuck Zombie Lesley. But only after knocking her teeth out.

Comment

We already covered that. I would totally fuck Zombie Lesley. But only after knocking her teeth out.
                  Post of The Day
                  Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                  Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                  POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Also your whole idea rests on the fact that Ceej actually read the comics, knows anything about the comic minus the first few issues, and will actually put in more work than he actually does. Trust me, I'd do it or a variation of it if I knew he'd do the work. he won't. It's cool.

Comment

Also your whole idea rests on the fact that Ceej actually read the comics, knows anything about the comic minus the first few issues, and will actually put in more work than he actually does. Trust me, I'd do it or a variation of it if I knew he'd do the work. he won't. It's cool.
                      I WON'T SIT HERE AND LISTEN TO THESE LIES ABOUT C.J.!!! HE ISN'T LAZY HE'S JUST BIG-BONED!!!!

Comment

Yeah, ok. haha.

He's lazier than shit. I knew this before starting a show with him.

Comment

I'll do it, even though I'm not thrilled about the genre.

I still want to know how in the fuck does a FAMILY GUY podcast get made?
                          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                            Do what? A podcast about a show/genre you don't like. Jesus christ Ed....

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X