Flipp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flipp

One of my favorite bands from MN. I must have seen these guys like a million times around here back in the day. They put on some fucking awesome shows, and noone I know (minus some people who I hung out with back in the day) have ever heard of them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNT7FFdwMZc

Goddamn, the show they put on at Somerset, WI back in like 97 (?) where they got a big ass cessna to drop flipp loops on the crowd was fucking insane. I don't expect anyone to post in this thread, but goddamn, I forgot how much they fucking rock. First show I ever got on stage at, got my ass grabbed by the bass player (who was a dude) and proceeded to front flip on to the crowd and got passed all the way to the back.....I'll never forget that shit. EPIC.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

what are Flipp loops?

Comment

Like Fruit Loops...without the copyright infringement...haha
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

They also got arrested and fined for that stunt I believe.

Comment

Saw these guys live in Dayton years ago. Friend has a signed poster. Was the bass player's name Cherry something? Lots of talk of 10-finger guitar as I remember. Huge amps for such a little club too.
          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Cherry Forever was the name. I have a shirt signed by him and Kilo after they played a friend of mines garage.

Comment

Yeah, they were well received here. They still together?

Comment

Not that I know of.

Comment

Here's all the info you need:

http://www.flippcentral.com/

Comment

Saw them at market fest once...It was raining and they were throwing food and shit at the crowd who didn't like that much. Not a fan.
                    You totally killed us, you evil metal dickweeds! - Bill S. Preston

Comment

My firend Brian took a bunch of Promo Photos for them, and I think they worked on a video together... that was a long time ago though. I havent heard of them playing for a long long time.

2 minutes later
                      heh.. looks like a long time too looking at the flippcentral page.
                      Last edited by buggplut; 09-11-2008, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cj View Post
                        Saw them at market fest once...It was raining and they were throwing food and shit at the crowd who didn't like that much. Not a fan.

At least it wasn't Faygo...

Comment

BURN!
                          You totally killed us, you evil metal dickweeds! - Bill S. Preston

Comment

Working...
                          X