SOCOM: CONFRONTATION or I need a headset and it comes with a game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOCOM: CONFRONTATION or I need a headset and it comes with a game

I was probably going to buy the downloadable version of this game or maybe the standalone disc version, but now I may buy this SOCOM bundle that includes a bluetooth headset. Maybe I should just be happy with the headset I have now, but that damn blog post makes that PS3 headset sound sexy!
    "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Damn, that does sound pretty nice. I never use that shit one that I got with WarHawk cause it sounds like shit and I can never hear anyone. I may have to pick this up. I'm just trying to decide which games I'm buying this holiday season. More and more keep coming out. *rips hair out*
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

i say don't get the bundle. if you want a headset, get it separately. a really good one that i like is the bluant.
      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Yeah, but what is the price of that one? At least with this one, it's first party and you get a game.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I'm going to pick up the bundle since the headset is going to retail for $50 anyway.. If the game sucks I'll just sell it to GameStop.

Comment

Downloaded the beta tonight but didn't get a chance to play yet. I'll report back here with my thoughts if anyone cares.

Comment

I pre-ordered it but my Gamestop didn't have any more beta keys. I think he was lying.
              "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

I'm curious, grave. My PS3 is gathering gaming dust until LBP.

Comment

My buddy who ponied up for the pre-order to get the code told me he's already thinking it was $5 not well spent but we'll see. It's a beta so the whole purpose it to work the bugs out.

Comment

How's the beta?

Comment

I fired it up for the first time last night. Here is my experience:

10:45 PM MDT: Start up the beta, I need to download a patch.

11:00: Patch downloaded, start up beta again.

11:05: Get to the game-select lobby, join 16-player game with available slots

11:11: Finally get into game, lags worse than anything I've ever seen. Even worse than the CoD 2 match I played where the host was cheating.

11:12: Taking fire from somewhere, can't see where, die

11:14: Watch SERIOUSLY laggy follow cam for two minutes while waiting for round to end. Match ends and I hit the button to go back to the lobby.

11:20: Still on the loading screen trying to get to lobby. Hit the PS button to exit to the dashboard, system beeps three times and resets for no clear reason.

11:21: Turn system off, go to bed.

I understand a beta is for working out the bugs but this was ridiculous.

Comment

That makes me sad. At least it's just the beta. Probably didn't expect that many people on the servers yet.

Comment

Jesus. You'd think after the clusterfuck that was MGS:O beta, that SONY may have the servers up and running somewhat properly. Oh well. Still waiting on Little Big Planet anyways.

Comment

The headset is awesome.

The new Socom, not so much, at least in my first hour of play. I might just need more time with it to get used to the style and controls of the game, but they also need to fix the lag. My screen would freeze and stutter too much.

Comment

Working...
                            X