Metallica!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metallica!

So I've been listening to a few new songs from Death Magnetic and I can't believe it. They're good. Actually, pretty damn good. This makes me one happy fucker. I haven't heard the whole album yet, but of the 4 songs I have heard, the shit rocks. And not in a "St Anger" way, thank God.

It's not on par with Master, but definitely up there with the black album. Better than Load. And I kinda like Load.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Big meh to these guys. Haven't liked them since And Justice for All. The Black album was good, but not as good as Master of Puppets. And I lost all respect after the Napster Debate. Although Some Kind of Monster is one fascinating look at a band past their prime and with a hardon for self-destruction. But, to each their own.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Although....I do like S&M. That was a neat concept album.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
        Although....I do like S&M.
        TMI brother, TMI.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Where do you think the concept of The Machine came from?

HAha.

Comment

I like or love everything except Re-Load and St Anger. This new album really does sound pretty damn good.

Comment

I'll give it a chance as I know my bro will be picking this up. I just don't have high hopes.

Comment

I'll check it out when it finally drops, but I have no hopes for it.
                "How the fuck does your brain go Kevin Spacey~K-Pax?" - Rob

Comment

The whole album is up on metallica.com

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601231

Fucking love it!

Comment

The first song is such classic Metallica it's almost <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Caris%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsoht ml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.EmailStyle15 {mso-style-typeersonal; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Arial; mso-ascii-font-family:Arial; mso-hansi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial; color:windowtext;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->unbelievable. My ears are having orgasims.

Comment

Oh snaps. I'll have to check it out sometime this weekend. By classic Metallica what are you referencing? Master of Puppets? Black album? Kill em All?

Comment

Sounds like something between Justice and the Black album. A little Load tossed in, but it's not nearly bad enough to ruin the album. Most of the songs are over 7 minutes long. This album totally erases St. Anger from my brains.

Comment

Is Lars's drumming still shitty....

Comment

Yeah well, nothing's perfect.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKcHftQoQp4
                              New metallica....I liked this song the first time I heard it...when it was called "one"

I guess they are back....kind of. I think James wants to be a country singer.
                              You totally killed us, you evil metal dickweeds! - Bill S. Preston

Comment

Working...
                              X