Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trolls and the mindset behind them...

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/03/ma...=1&oref=slogin

A long, but damn interesting article. Some of the guys take it way too far, but I can not say that I have never laughed at some of the shit from 4chan. And alot of you have as well, especially at the motivational posters and other pics from there.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Some of that stuff is rediculous. Especially calling the dead kid's parents. Totally fucked. Prison rape is the future for that kind of shit.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

The idea brought up with the "green hair/bad journalist" analogy was spot on. You laugh it off and the power is gone, I learned that back in grade school when being made fun of for things. If you turn it around and take the power it doesn't matter. But the problem is that they end up taking it way too fucking far. Death threats? Destroying credit? That's ridiculous.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Just like David Allen Coe said: "Fuck em' in the butt........."

Comment

too lazy to read that wall of text and going to pretend that the article is about our very own bryan, the pretentious troll.
          The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Wow. At least you admit that you're too lazy. But it really is an interesting article.

Comment

It takes you in one direction, then shines a light in another. Makes you think about it.

Comment

Exactly. The mindset is hard to get into, but it also seems like some of these people are truly messed up in the head. Sex abuse? Yeah, that will fuck you up.

Comment

They need serious therapy. Some god-complex issues there amongst a whole mess of other pathos.

Comment

When the guy started asking "How can get rid of 4 of the 6 billion people on the planet" and said "throw them into the ovens" that's where it got really creepy.

Comment

Or was that posturing? Guy sounded nuts, but also seemed like he enjoyed saying outrageous things.

Comment

That is true. I don't know though. For a guy who relishes destroying people, I wouldn't put past him actually believing that shit.

Comment

Well, he does enjoy acid and meth binges.

Comment

Ride the snake baby!

Comment

read the first page and started the second...way too "busy to finish the article...and as you know nerdious i'm too internet stupid to be a troll...

shit is pretty fucked up though. i couldn't imagine disrespecting someone's memorial...
                              Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Working...
                              X