Soul Calibur IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soul Calibur IV

Anyone picking this up? I may get it tonight, but possibly on the PS3.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

I cant afford right now.... there are way too many other games comming out very soon that I will need to buy which means I will need the extra cash.
    "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Well I ended up getting this for the 360 because it's not in 1080p for the PS3....

Pretty fucking fun actually. I never played the third one, but I fucking LOVED the second one for the Dreamcast. This game is a blast. Already beat it with 3 characters. Unlocked the Private Jessup AKA Vader's Secret Apprentice. Although, Yoda is completely overpowered and broke. No one can hit you with a high attack or grab you. So if I'm Yoda, I will win almost everytime. But it looks great, handles pretty smooth and I 'm having fun.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

good to know, i've been thinking about getting that game.. now i have a critic to go by thanks good sir
        I'm Asian. I have naturally squinty eyes, which helps when reading small print/text.--Nerdious
        Sasha Grey makes my willy do things that my balls are scared of.--Ari
        Oh Wendy O. How she makes my balls climb into my scrotum.--Rob
        She doesn't have a hippo shaped cock.--Ari

Comment

The dreamcast was dead by the time the second game came out. Unless you count SoulCalibur 1 as the second game in the Soul series.

The Dreamcast game was the last fighting game I ever picked up. I figured it wasn't going to get much better than that. I might have to give this one a shot.

Comment

Oh snap. You're right grave. For some reason I always thought the 2nd one was the definitive Dreamcast game, and I fucking own it still. Either way, I love this series more than the Street Fighter/MLK/DOA games. Haven't tried it online, and will probably only play against you guys or people on my friends list.

Comment

I love this series. The last one I played was the one with Link in it. I would have rather picked up the PS3 version, cause I've heard how crappy Yoda is. But in all actuality, I'm way to broke to buy a new video game right now.
              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Yeah, the PS3 version was a close call for me but the 720p, more than likely weak online and no achievements beats out having Vader. And you know Vader will be a downloadable guy at some point. The Apprentice is pretty awesome. Took forever to find a match online last night and when I get in I got my ass handed to me hard. But after seeing Yoda and The Apprentice fight, I want a new Teras Kasi game stat!

Comment

Rental worthy maybe...sounds like fun.
                  Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

If you like fighting games it's worth a buy actually but that's just me. I love this fucking series and I needed something else to play for a while.

Comment

I was never a big fan of Soul Caliber...I have fond memories of high school. Getting fucking crazy blunted and playing this game. I could kick ass but I never owned it so I never learned the special moves...I think I may wait for the DC vs MK...
                      Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Working...
                      X