HBO's Generation Kill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBO's Generation Kill

So I really <3 war movies/shows...Band of Brothers was fucking incredible IMO. I'm looking forward to watching this show...I have recorded the first few episodes. The premise is
    A Rolling Stone reporter, embedded with The 1st Recon Marines chronicles his experiences during the first wave of the American-led assault on Baghdad in 2003.
    Kinda cool sounding right?

I'm going to try to catch up on Wednesday, has anyone checked this out yet? Is anyone interested in this?
    Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Planning on checking this out. Sounds good. Want to read the book too.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

I didn't know there was a book, I might have to actually read that...

Comment

Yep, based off the book. Heard it was pretty decent, haven't seen it yet though. May have to smitborrent it.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Watched the first episode yesterday.... there all on OnDemand so I will be getting caught up
          "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

on demand isnt hi def which is teh suck...i'm excited to see this.

Comment

I know that part sucks but at least you can get caught up and then watch the episodes in HD
              "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

I set the series to record, and they will be showing all episodes tomorrow night...so it should be all good.

Comment

It started out a little weak but the second episode was great. Haven't watched the third yet. Needs to feature more Tergeson, though. Even though he's the reporter I hope he plays a bigger role in the coming episodes.

The debate squad guy is hilarious.

Comment

Well I have all three at the moment. But I will probably wait to watch them as I keep hearing that the first episode isn't the best, and I don't feel like watching 2 hours of war tonight.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I've got the first episode on the pc. It's just a matter of time to watch it.
                      "How the fuck does your brain go Kevin Spacey~K-Pax?" - Rob

Comment

Yep, same here. Smitborrenting for "teh win".

Comment

Watched the first episode last night. Wasn't bad. Kind of hate most of the Marines. Love that Beecher is in it, and hope to see more. Really glad I had asthma as a teen, otherwise my ass would be in the service. It was like watching my uncle on tv.

Comment

Although I'm glad, that so far, that they aren't painting these jackasses as "heroes". Just because you serve, does not mean you are a hero. And I'm getting sick of the worship we give some of these fucks. My grandad, he was a hero back in WWII. And sure as shit had more tact and respect that alot of the fuckups that are in the service now.

Comment

I did find it amusing that when they found out that the reporter works for Rolling Stone and commented how he will make them look bad (considering that Rolling Stone is very democratic).
                              If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

Working...
                              X