Flight of the Conchords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight of the Conchords

I've been a fan for a few years ever since a friend of mine brought over one of their cd's. Funny stuff. Cut to a year ago or so and their new show and now everyone sings their songs. Ok. Fine. Whatever. Well after boycotting their show because I didn't want to be burned out on them, I finally picked up the first season on dvd. We finished it. I was pretty "meh" to it for most of the time. All of the songs were on the cd I had years ago, so they didn't do much for me. I loved his Bowie impression, and their manager is the shit.

I don't know if it was just too hyped up, or if people loved it because of their "wacky" songs, but I would have liked it alot more if there were less songs and more comedy. Mel is fantastic, Murray is fucking awesometastical and there are definately some laughtastic parts, but it's not as funny as say Spaced or even The Office.

Question, is there a second season already? And if so, is it funnier than the first?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

And yes Scott I do agree with you now on Mel.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

second season isn't on yet.
      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Hmms. I hope they make it funnier this time then. Or at least have new songs. And more Murray and Mel.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
          And yes Scott I do agree with you now on Mel.
          See! Told ya!
          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

She reminds me of an old friend, it's ridiculous.

Comment

And Murray rules. Yis.

Comment

Murray is the best part of the show.

"Roll Call"

Haha.

"She's not looking at me! I'll guess I'll really go to the toilet then!"

Comment

Agreed. He's got some stand-up stuff on youtube.

Comment

There are some entertaining parts of this show - I loved David Bowie and of course Mel and Murray.
                    If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

The song angle became pretty played out by the end of the series. But Bowie is brilliance. Nipple antennae and whatnot.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                        Murray is the best part of the show.

"Roll Call"

Haha.

"She's not looking at me! I'll guess I'll really go to the toilet then!"
                        For sure... I loved the episode where they trick him in thinking they got signed on a record label! I think that the 1st season was meh for you because you had already heard all that shit done before, for someone like me who hasn't it kicked ass. Will see what the second season brings!
                        "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

That's what Cj said as well. But I honesly would rather have maybe 1 song every other episode or at the end than all the time. Although I did love Todd Berry and Demetri's band.

"Arf Arf"

Ridiculous.

Comment

It's a keytar, a keytard?
                            "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/08/31/fl...second-season/

One more season and then no more. Can't say I'm disappointed. As long as it goes out on a high note and is as good as the 1st, then bring it on!

Comment

Working...
                              X