The Barry Corbin Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Barry Corbin Appreciation Thread

Ok, when it comes to Barry Corbin, I'm biased as hell. My best friend from elementry school was his son. So I was over at their house all the time. Barry is a fantastic guy and if I knew then what I know now, I would have loved to talk movies with him for hours. I see he was just in No Country for Old Men and In the Valley of Elah, and it reminded me of just how freaking great he is.

I know I haven't seen Wargames, but I am quite aware he was in that. And he was the fuckin sheriff in Critters 2! But look over at his IMDB page. He's done more work than half of the mainstream actors working today.

Anyone else have love for the man?
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

He fuckin owned that shit in Wargames. Much love, for he truly is one of "Hey it's that guy" guys.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

You haven't seen Wargames? Dude! Yes. The man is awesome. You know him? Pretty fuckin' cool man. Advantages to living in Cali' I guess.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

I haven't talked to him for years, but I still talk to his son via MySpace.

Comment

And I echo Nate's response! GO FUCKING SEE WARGAMES! Ally Sheedy is kinda hot in it, Matthew Broderick fucks shit up and there is a super computer called the WOPR
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Yes, yes, I know. Wargames, The Ice Pirates, and Hackers triple feature coming up soon!

Comment

Oh shit. That's an epic line up. MAke sure Wargames is before Hackers.

Comment

I think I may enjoy Wargames more. But Ice Pirates will so be going first.

Comment

Actually here is a line up you should watch:

Wargames-----Sneakers-------The Net--------Hackers

Perfect example of how computermovies started and finished by the ninties. At least the more "realistic" ones. Nothing beats Sneakers and Wargames though.

Comment

I saw The Net in theaters. Don't need to see it again.

Comment

That's the point. It fucking sucks. And it's even more apparent in that line up.

Comment

The Net is like a pair of Lindsay Lohan's panties after a night of booze, coke, and cock.
                        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

A fucking mess.

Comment

Thanks for the appreciation my my penis Ari!

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                            Ok, when it comes to Scooters Penis, I'm biased as hell. My best friend from elementry school was his son. So I was over at their house all the time. Penis is a fantastic guy and if I knew then what I know now, I would have loved to talk movies with him for hours. I see he was just in Scarlett Johansson and Natalie Portman, and it reminded me of just how freaking great he is.

I know I haven't seen him in action, but I am quite aware he was in every hot chick. And he was the fuckin sheriff in Jessica Alba's butt! But look over at his IMDB page. He's done more celebs than half of the mainstream actors working today.

Anyone else have love for the man?
                            "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Scooter's Edit = Fail

He was the best in Held Up and Ghost Dad. Props to Corbin and all the other character actors.
                              Last edited by patronsaintofcheeseburgers; 06-20-2008, 02:55 PM.
                              Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Working...
                              X