Breaking Bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking Bad

I just got tipped off to a new show that sounds interesting, it's called "Breaking Bad". Anyone heard of it? Sounds like a darker version of Weeds. Only two episodes so far, and apparently is aired on AMC.

Summary:
    When an unassuming high school chemistry teacher discovers he has a rare form of lung cancer, he decides to team up with a former student and create a top of the line crystal meth in a used RV, to provide for his family once he is gone.

I'll be checking this out tonight if I can fit it in between the Wild and Lost. Thank you interwebtubes.

EDIT: Also, check out the series' opening scene here: http://www.breakingbad.com/ Looks pretty intense.

Re: Breaking Bad

Shit man, keep me posted on that. The premise along sounds interesting if only for one episode.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Hmmm. That looks interesting, although I believe that is the dad from Malcolm in the Middle. This should be interesting.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

So I just watched the first episode, and I have to say, I want to see more. It's definately not as light-hearted as Weeds but it's pretty compelling. While I don't agree with cooking meth as much I could care less about growing herb, the main characters in this show seem to be pretty likeable just like Weeds. After we check out the second episode, I'll write more.

Comment

We just watched the latest episode of this, and it's not too shabby. Really wish it was on HBO or Showtime as opposed to AMC. The wierd edits are kind of annoying, but now that they dealt with their problem it should be interesting to see where it goes next.

Comment

Watched Ep 4 last night. The show seems to be treading water already. I'm starting to lose interest. I did enjoy him blowing up the douchebag's car and the scene with the dealer and his little brother regarding the joint.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
              The show seems to be treading water already. I'm starting to lose interest.
              What makes you say that? I don't think I'd go that for, yet.

They have to give his character some 'big' reason to start cooking meth again, as he's supposed to be as 'moral' as a meth cook can be.

KEN WINS.

Comment

So I really enjoyed the lastest episode. The intervention scene was fantastic. The acting shown in that section was great, especially the kid. I'm also digging the main meth kid's attention to detail when making said meth. "It's too cloudy, this won't do."

"HELICOPTER!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                  So I really enjoyed the lastest episode. The intervention scene was fantastic. The acting shown in that section was great, especially the kid. I'm also digging the main meth kid's attention to detail when making said meth. "It's too cloudy, this won't do."

"HELICOPTER!!!"

I love how he knows the name of all of the beakers.
                  If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

Goddamn. Who knew getting chemo would turn you into a badass? Not I.

Turco (or whatever the dealer's name is) was fucking rediculous. Should be interesting to see where Walt goes from here now, especially if he's moving 2lbs at a time and getting 50 grand + .

You were totally right Crafto. Damn.

Comment

Just watched the season finale and finally it picked up steam after last week's episode. Loved the breaking and entering part. Watching Walt and the kid shuffle past the port-o-potty with the drums of chemicals while wearing their poofy hats was hilarious. Also liked that it didn't end on a standard cliffhanger, but more of a "Oh fuck what did we get ourselves into" moment. Hope this comes back. But now bring on the new season of Weeds!

Comment

Finally finished watching the remaining last 4 episodes last night, cant wait for next season!
                        "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Hells YES! "Breaking Bad" Season 2 starts March 8th

"Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Fucking sweet! Can't wait!

Comment

Sweet.
                              "How the fuck does your brain go Kevin Spacey~K-Pax?" - Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X