resistance 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resistance 2

multiplayer in resistance 2, with up to 60 players...

oh man this game looks insane.
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Yay! Now I get to play with 59 fucktards!

If I actually had maybe at least 30 friends on the PS3 I'd be super excited, but playing a "team" game with 60 people that are all randoms? I dunno...
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Is this for PS3 only...looks cool.
      Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

40 player online worked fine on Resistance and I only played with a few friends on there. You could join squads and have an open mic between your squad. The huge games were fun, if a bit crazy sometimes, but the maps were big so it wasn't too chaotic. I look forward to Resistance 2. Resistance was the first FPS that i actually finished and kept playing online. Before it, I'd get bored with FPS games after a while and never finish them.
        "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

let's just hope I can finish Act 5 before this comes out then. Haha.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Vote for the Resistance 2 Collector's Edition cover art.

I prefer this one.

"With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

That's the best one of the bunch. I still have no excitement for this game at all.

Comment

Yeah, the other ones are kinda weak.
                Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                  That's the best one of the bunch. I still have no excitement for this game at all.
                  That's too bad. I got into the private beta this past weekend so I'm not sure how much I can say, other than I've been playing a lot of the 8 player co-op.

Comment

Spill it!

What's the main difference between this and say....COD4? Besides setting?

The first game was a mediocre FPS that the PS3 people latched onto because there was nothing else. What differentiates this one from others?

Comment

have they tightened up the controls on r2? because the controls on resistance felt a little loose.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                        Spill it!

What's the main difference between this and say....COD4? Besides setting?

The first game was a mediocre FPS that the PS3 people latched onto because there was nothing else. What differentiates this one from others?
                        Well, I'll start off with how it's similar to CoD4. The controls are similar to CoD4. They've incorporated an XP system which so far in the beta, unlocks some special abilities, in game, and weapons per class.

In co-op there are classes, Soldier, Special Ops, and Medic (not sure if there will be more in the final game, those are the only 3 available in the beta). I suppose it's close to what Team Fortress 2 offers but this is for co-op play. Even though there is only 1 map in the beta for co-op, the missions have varied each time I've played, so they are doing some random mission creation I guess you can call it. The weapons are great, as is expected from Insomniac. There is no single player in the beta so I can't go into that.

The main differences I'd say are the weapons, 8 player co-op, the class system, and the sci-fi enemies. It's been really fun playing with other people, coordinating, and asking for more ammo from the Spec Op or health or revival from the medic. I've wanted a good online co-op game for a while now and it looks like Resistance 2 might deliver. Hopefully I don't get kicked from the beta for this.

Comment

Cool. Sounds a bit like BF2. If it gets decent reviews I'll check it out.

Comment

For giving a positive review of the game?

They'd be fools to boot you.
                            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

like anyone reads posts on podcaust. oh, wait...

Comment

Working...
                              X