Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass Effect:THE FIRST GAME THREAD!

http://kotaku.com/353296/mass-effect...ans-to-the-mix

Pretty sweet. I <3 this fucking game, and now this gives me a reason to start from the beginning again.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Re: Mass Effect: DLC announced

According to Kotaku: "To partake (the new DLC), the update resets your character back to the beginning of the game. Then you need to play through all of the Citadel storyline until you reach your ship (the Normandy) to access the galactic map (where you can actually engage with the mission). "

I don't really see why they had to go do this. I don't want to play through all of the fucking Citadel storyline again. WTF Bioware? Get on the goddamn ball.

http://kotaku.com/354324/accessing-m...kind-of-a-pain
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I don't want to junk up the ME2 thread with my thoughts on the first game so I'll use this thread to blab to myself.

I've played for a couple hours and have already run into one of the issues I have with these types of games- there's seemingly too much to do. I end up talking with every character and going down every conversation path. And that usually leads to a side mission and the OCD kicks in and I focus on the side mission rather than keep the main story rolling. I am never going to get out of the Citadel. I'm glad there are only 21 Keepers.

I really like the combat so far. I'm sure there are RPG mechanics happening in the background but I like that all I see is "bad guy! pull the trigger! bad guy dead."

Comment

That's the best part of the game. You can choose to do all of these side missions and by the time you hit the main part of the game you'll be nice and buff and ready to kick some ass. I also was never able to get all of the stupid keepers. I missed 2 I think.

Comment

Shit, I saw this thread last night and nearly broke my arm trying to rush to click it.
          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
          *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

And thread title updated.

Comment

Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
              Shit, I saw this thread last night and nearly broke my arm trying to rush to click it.
              Sorry. I was too lazy to just start a new thread.

Anyway, the abbreviations for the responses can be a little misleading. Since when does "sounds interesting" mean "Yes, space whore, please sign me up for a fuck session." Also, why is the receptionist hotter than the madam? Also again, why am I comparing hotness of fictional blue alien space whores?

Comment

If you're talking about : Oh man....Counselor Troi's voice and those breasts were awesome.

Comment

Nah, I"m talking about the receptionist at the Consort's office at the Citadel.

Also, I lost about 45 minutes worth of talking because apparently this autosave sucks a fat one. And where did all my credits go? Blerg.

Comment

Oh, hey. FUn thing I forgot about RPGs- spending close to an hour trying to get through ONE FUCKING FIGHT only to find out at the end that your goddamn decryption skill isn't high enough to open the fucking asshole treasure chest. RAGE.

Also, I bumped this down to casual difficulty. My teammates are so fucking stupid it hurts and Shepard constantly wants to fuck the walls. No, I'm not trying to take cover on this crate because THE PIRATE IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. Jake is my hero for playing these games on Veteran.

Comment

Continuing*... so Ashley is a crazy racist bitch, huh? I better not tell her I'm thisclose to getting so deep blue strange.

Also, game is much more enjoyable with the lower difficulty because I'm able to advance the story rather than spend hours dying and reloading a save.

*I'm too lazy to start my own blog. Thanks for the space to talk to myself, BDR!

Comment

Damn you, shitty save system! I ran into a weird glitch at the Noveria boss fight where I could aim but couldn't move (I was bent backwards "Neo dodging bullets" style on some stairs) or shoot while everything kept going on around me. I had to back out to the dashboard and lost a good 15 minutes of play. Boo.

I felt kind of bad for old Tartakovsky, even if it was mostly his fault.

Comment

Ashely is a cunt.

Comment

nice...THIS is making me finally want to re-start this game.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                              Ashely is a cunt.
                              Haha, totally. I was trying to get with her until I realized she was a total racist asshole. I keep her on missions because she's a soldier (and so I get the "take ashley with you on the majority of the missions" achievement) but she's a jerk. I did laugh when she told Liara to RTFM.

Comment

Working...
                              X