HORSE the band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HORSE the band

these guys are ridiculous. and by ridiculous i mean AWESOME TO THE MAX.
    i've noticed that about 98 percent of the general population disagrees, but i don't care. i've probably listened to every HORSE song 70 times. it just doesn't get old!
    the new album shows a huge level of maturity compared to the mechanical hand and R. Borlax, and yet somehow kept that ridiculous edge that made me fall in love with them in the older albums.

i hope they make a stop in seattle on their tour this summer. or i'll cry.

anyone else out there like these spazzies?
    scissors on his head! scissors on his fucking head!!

What is this band you speak of?

Links?

LYNX?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

they're a really bizarre mix of nerd and hardcore. if you can deal with music that touches the frayed ends of sanity while singing about Birdo and Cutsman, then you will like HORSE.

They have great songs up on their myspace, but I can't access it at work so it's UP TO YOU TO FIND IT. I'm pretty sure they don't have any music on their actual website, and it's not very much help anyway. It's mostly the lead singer posting pictures of birds and how awesome they are.

Comment

Oh I see how it is. Post about a band singing about Birdo (who was discussed quite heavily on one of our episodes) but make me do the work of actually finding it?!

You play a risky game prawn.

I'm off to find some info.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

'danger' is my middle name, after all.

Comment

http://www.myspace.com/horsetheband

Not too shabby so far.

Comment

i effing love horse the band. i rock out to this when i'm doing anything hardcore, e.g. playing cod4, wow arenas (when i did play, back in the day), walking down the street. r. borlax is still one of my favorite cd. my brother introduced me to them back in the day, and cutsman is what sold me. and although they're not as "nintendocore" as before, they're still just as awesome.
              The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

oh and another reason why they're great: they use audio cuts from movies. one of their songs starts off with a cut from mulholland dr. and another song starts with a cut from the beach. oh they also have a fantastic version of tmnt's old theme song.

Comment

I LOVE Bunnies from R. Borlax, and Pol's Voice, too.

But I have to say my favorite songs are probably The Black Hole, Rusty Glove, Lord Gold, and I Think We Are Both Suffering From the Same Crushing Metaphysical Crisis.

And the music video for New York City is weird and awesome.

Comment

sex raptor is my favorite from the new cd. i keep putting that shit back on myspace all the time. tons of cowbell = awesomeness! more cowbell! oh and the kangarooster meadows. badass.

Comment

They seemed to yell a lot, which scared me, so now I'm typing this under my cubicle with a spork in my hand for defense.
                      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Hahah.

Comment

they do like to scream. but he's got to scream because his singing voice is trash.

sex raptor is HILARIOUS. so is his purple majesty, fuck. disgusting and hilarious. Hyperborea is a really good song off the new album, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                            They seemed to yell a lot, which scared me, so now I'm typing this under my cubicle with a spork in my hand for defense.
                            this coming from a guy who posed in naruto boxers...

Comment

I'm dissapointed that picture didn't make it's way into this thread. It has made its way into so many threads, it's officially our little "meme".

Comment

Working...
                              X