remakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remakes

instead of posting new threads about remakes on the site, i figure just use one and comment on them in one thread. so here's a new one:

ed wood's plan 9 from outer space is being remade by an indie film director named john johnson. yes, you read that correctly. john johnson. with a name like that, how could anyone take him seriously. but i digress, the remake will be called "plan 9" and according to the website:

Now, in time to coincide with the 50th anniversary of "Plan 9 From Outer Space", director John Johnson – along with his production company, Darkstone Entertainment – is poised to remake the classic film. Simply titled "Plan 9", the remake will be a serious-minded retelling of the original story, paying homage to the spirit of Wood's film without resorting to camp or parody. The film will focus on the horror and science fiction aspects of the original, but will also be largely character-driven. Johnson's goal for "Plan 9" is to make a film that honors not only the original source material, but also Ed Wood's intentions when he made "Plan 9 From Outer Space". Wood's plan was to make a very scary sci-fi/horror film, and Johnson wishes to do exactly that – create a film that Wood would have enjoyed, or perhaps even made himself, if not bound by the technological limitations placed on filmmakers 50 years ago.
    wow. just, wow.
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

The thing is, the "plot" of Plan 9 is fucking retarded. I love it, but it's fucking retarded. You cannot remake this movie without resorting to camp or parody. That's just silly talk.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

That is ridiciulous, plain and simple.

This thread could possibly become huge. The Friday the 13th talk alone may take up a page or five.
      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Oh shit yes. I'm excited for that one.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I hope Comic Con gives us some nice Jason footage.

On a side note, what was up with the Friday the 13th tv show? It had no relation to Jason Vorhees at all, right? Does anyone know why they named it Friday the 13th? Was it just supposed to be a spooky title, or were they going the Haloween 3 route?

Comment

A little bit of both actually. It was just (from what I remember) a bunch of stand alone supernatural type stories. I wasn't a fan as a kid. I always hoped Jason showed up, but he never did.

Comment

Then what did it ever have to do with the real Friday series? Was it set in Crystal Lake or something? I'm wikking this right now!

Comment

I think Crystal Lake may have been mentioned. But honestly I think they just wanted people to tune in due to the name alone. It's been so long since I've watched any of those. It's hard to remember. At least Freddy's Nightmares had him involved a bit.

Comment

Yeah, they just wanted to use the name to sucker people into watching. The only tie to the movies was this bit of info I got off Wikipeadia:

However, Eric Morse wrote the webnovel The Mask of Jason Voorhees, the fifth and last book in his “Camp Crystal Lake” series of novels which united the novels, the first nine movies, and the television series into one continuity. The concepts in the book were created by Eric Morse and are not the original intent of the show’s creators and thus, should not be treated as official canon.
                  Not much.

Comment

Sympathy for Lady Vengeance remake with Charlize Theron? I'm pissed.

Comment

I've had Lady Vengeance sitting around for a few months now. I still need to see it, but I did watch Oldboy at least.

Damn, Oldboy was a mind fuck.

Comment

haha definitely. you really should watch Lady Vengeance. Its one of my favorite movies

Comment

Cronenberg is remaking The Fly...but is this really needed?
                          The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Why the fuck not? It was announced forever ago, and if Cronenberg is gonna possibly write and direct, bring it! I still have the original to watch.

Comment

That is stupid.
                              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X