Prince of Persia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince of Persia

Prince of Persia starring Jake Gyllenhaal?

Hmmms. It's too bad they didn't get a non-westerner to play the prince, but I'm betting that Disney wants this to be another POTC franchise. Jake is right between Depp and Bloom. It makes sense. I loved all of the original games and Sands of Time was pretty sweet, but I don't know if there is that much story there to mine? But then again POTC was based off a theme park ride so what do I know?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Re: Prince of Persia

Prince of Persia was the first PC game I ever played. I was like 8 or 9 and my cousin (who is an OG computer god) put me up on this. I think the movie will be decent...but fucking Jake, that's a big MEH.
    Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Jake is not a bad actor at all (see ZODIAC) but he just strikes me as completely wrong for the part.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I agree, I thought he was great in Jarhead...he just doesn't fit the Prince IMO

Comment

Yeah, great idea. Get Captain Mumblemylines to be a badass scimitar-wielding Arab. What could go wrong?

Although he was good in Zodiac, this is a poor choice in casting.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

Who would you guys suggest? I'm thinking Kal Penn from Harold and Kumar, he could add a bit of comedy to it. A La live action Alladin

Comment

hey, if rdj can pull off a white guy playing a black guy, why can't jake gyllenhaal pull off playing a persian? he's a great actor and with the right make up and costumes, i'm sure it'll work.
              The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Could possibly work....but I'm on the fence still.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus
                  hey, if rdj can pull off a white guy playing a black guy, why can't jake gyllenhaal pull off playing a persian? he's a great actor and with the right make up and costumes, i'm sure it'll work.
                  RDJ is in a comedy and it's part of the story. Hollywood hired the whitest actor to play a goddamn Persian. We'll be seeing Jake in a spray tan. They should have gotten Oded Fehr or even Sayid. At least that would be closer than Jake. And Oded and Sayid could kick some ass.

Comment

Oded is the token mid easterner in HWood...we need some new blood.

Comment

What we need is an unknown. At least to American audiences. Like what Ridley Scott did when he cast Ghassan Massoud as Saladin in Kingdom of Heaven. (Yes, I had to imdb his name for correct spelling. Suck it Trebek.)

Or de-age Alexander Siddig.

Or have RDJ in faketanface.

Goddamn Gyllenballs.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by McMeatbag

Goddamn Gyllenballs.
                        QFT...on a side note Donnie Darko got banned from my brother's store for being a total nut job. Hilarious story.

Comment

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009...of-persia.html

Hahaha. Who know what kind of movie this is gonna be.

Comment

LIGHT BLOOM ALERT!!!!
                            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

I SMELL A 'SHOP!

Comment

Working...
                              X