Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Penny-Arcade Adventures...out Wednesday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penny-Arcade Adventures...out Wednesday!

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/05...de-adventures/

Really excited for this one. I love me some RPG adventure games. Hopefully the humor is still there. Can't wait!
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Re: Penny-Arcade Adventures...out Wednesday!

i looks awesome but, it's freakin' $20 for a 7-10 hour game. i don't know...
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

I dunno, I have no problem with that price point. Especially since I don't just power through games.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

are you implying that i power through games? hahaha. i just did that for the achievement. that doesn't really mean i spent under 30 hours to complete it. with all the reloads, i probably spent a good 40 hours on the story alone. and now i'm working through the others for that 100%. for $20 i kind of want something that's over 10 hours long... or has high replay value.

Comment

Downloaded the demo last night and played it.

Initial thoughts: FUCKING AWESOME. I had a blast playing it. Nice little throwback to RPG's back in the day. The writing made me laugh out loud a few times. Shit, I had a cat on my team who would run out and clean himself as an attack. And I dig the character customization. I have a guy that looks just like me if I lived in the 20's and fought against Fruit-Fuckers (which by the way is hilariously awesome when you throw a piece of fruit at them when you are fighting them). I'll be buying this game this weekend probably. I dug it.

Comment

i bit the bullet and bought it and actually have been enjoying it. pretty good customization and funny. i'd say pick it up.

Comment

Word. Good for those guys. I love the way you "go to another panel" when you have to move throughout the town and whatnot. Great art style.

"I punch devils"

Comment

If I liked RPGs I'd be all over this. The humor and look were great but I just can't get into RPGs. It's amazing I ever finished the first KOTOR.

Comment

Whoa there buddy....

Barely finished KOTOR?!

Redonkulous...

Now the sequel I could see that...but the original was fantastical!

Comment

hahaha. i never finished kotor. and it's one of my favorite games. sad... i need to pick that up again.

Comment

That is sad. That game was awesome.

Comment

i know. it was just tooo nonlinear for me. and i love open ended games. but then i become undecided and then frustrated cause i don't know if i'm doing what i'm supposed to be doing or what i really want done. i'll pick it back up sometime soon though.

Comment

Wait, aren't you a fan of the Final Fantasy games?

Comment

aye. why do you ask? the only games i ever completed were ff6 and ff6 though. but i have all of them in one form or another.

Comment

I misread your post about "too nonlinear" as being "too linear" and I was going to be all like : "BOOYAH WHORE! FF are the most linear games ever!" But then I re-read your post..hahah....

That's the reason why I don't like FF games really. I hate being forced down a set path in an RPG.

Comment

Working...
                              X