A little lesson in HDMI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little lesson in HDMI

Incase some people don't have a full understanding on HDMI and why it can be a important asset to your home theater setup/ or maybe you just have a Blu ray and a badass TV, I've put some websites that explain HDMI and the future of HDMI, these are just a few on the internet, but this will get you started.

http://hometheater.about.com/od/home.../hdmifacts.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

http://www.audioholics.com/education...g-hdmi-ver-1.3

I'm Asian. I have naturally squinty eyes, which helps when reading small print/text.--Nerdious
    Sasha Grey makes my willy do things that my balls are scared of.--Ari
    Oh Wendy O. How she makes my balls climb into my scrotum.--Rob
    She doesn't have a hippo shaped cock.--Ari

Re: A little lesson in HDMI

Easiest reason in understanding why it's important to get HDMI: 1080p and upconverting older media to 1080p

BAM!

There ya go...
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Hey noone likes a smart ass ;D
      I'm Asian. I have naturally squinty eyes, which helps when reading small print/text.--Nerdious

Comment

Haha. True, true.

But really, HDMI= digital

Digital > Analog

Digital = has no bearing on whether you spend 3 bucks on a cable or 300 bucks. And dont' fall for that Monster Cable bullshit.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Rob

Digital = has no bearing on whether you spend 3 bucks on a cable or 300 bucks. And dont' fall for that Monster Cable bullshit.
          Thank you ROB, listen to what he has to say..... Monster cable is just a name.. It has not been proven that is it any better than any other company..

Comment

also be aware that there are different versions of hdmi. the only differences are audio and unless your ears are super tuned and you can hear a pin drop from a mile away, you probably won't even notice the difference. just like how a lot of people can't tell the difference from 780p and 1080p.
            The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

But according to Monster Cable,

IF YOUS DONT BUYZ OUR POWER CLEANING POWER STRIP THEN YOU ARE TEH LAMERZ AND URE MOVIEZ WONT LOOK AS GOOD!!!11!!!!
              Bunch of fucking horse shit.

As for the 720p and 1080p, totally correct Nerdious. All depends on how big your set is and how far away the viewing angle is. Although I can definately tell a difference on my 42" Plasma when it comes to text displayed on the screen.

Comment

Should I be playing my Blu-ray player on 720p instead of 1080i then? I've always wondered this, but have yet to actually try both and see if there is a real difference.
                Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus
                  also be aware that there are different versions of hdmi. the only differences are audio and unless your ears are super tuned and you can hear a pin drop from a mile away, you probably won't even notice the difference.
                  Sorry but you are wrong, if you look at the websites that i posted you would clearly see that the differences are mostly video bandwith, with minor changes in audio

Comment

Good question. I always went for the progressive modes as opposed to interlaced. I'm not sure how much of a difference you would really see though. I think it boils down to personal preference.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                      But according to Monster Cable,

IF YOUS DONT BUYZ OUR POWER CLEANING POWER STRIP THEN YOU ARE TEH LAMERZ AND URE MOVIEZ WONT LOOK AS GOOD!!!11!!!!
                      Bunch of fucking horse shit.

As for the 720p and 1080p, totally correct Nerdious. All depends on how big your set is and how far away the viewing angle is. Although I can definately tell a difference on my 42" Plasma when it comes to text displayed on the screen.
                      this is where i should correct myself. the only way you can usually tell the difference in resolution is through text. to the untrained eye, which most of the population has, one can not usually tell the difference unless there's a comparison right next to it. and fuck monster cable. it's been proven that a wire hanger is able to produce the same results as monster cable.

Comment

found this website about interlaced vs progressive its explains it very well, and may even be to much for some people but chech it out

http://www.canopus.com/canopus/techn...interlaced.php

Comment

Wire hangers have also been proven to produce the same results as an abortion clinic.

I <3 wire hangers!
                          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari
                            Wire hangers have also been proven to produce the same results as an abortion clinic.

I <3 wire hangers!
                            you sir have been quoted!

Comment

Originally posted by Corey
                              Originally posted by nerdious dorkus
                              also be aware that there are different versions of hdmi. the only differences are audio and unless your ears are super tuned and you can hear a pin drop from a mile away, you probably won't even notice the difference.
                              Sorry but you are wrong, if you look at the websites that i posted you would clearly see that the differences are mostly video bandwith, with minor changes in audio
                              i did, and most of the versions updated audio and the versions that really updated video were 3.1a. at least for products that are currently available for use.

Comment

Working...
                              X