Watchmen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watchmen

Ok, so I just re-got this book as I lost it (along with boxes and boxes of comics) in the great flood of '96. I haven't read it in over a decade so it's basically like I'm reading it for the first time. This thread will be filled with spoilers and what not, but I'm going to post my thoughts about it as I read it. So if you don't want things spoiled stay out of this thread. More to follow....

There be spoilers below...aRRRRR

Oh shit, The Comedian may be a rapist! Ozy may be a 'mo? Rorshach is a badass (breaks every finger on the random mook in the bar and still doesn't get any information) and you have got to love Dr. Manhatten's line about the death of The Comedian "A live body and dead body contain the same number of particles. Structurally there is no discernable difference. Life and death are unquantifiable abstracts. Why should I be concerned?" Oh Snap son!
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Re: Watchmen

Haha, why should he be concerned, indeed. This book is so awesome.

Comment

Oh snap, I really need to start posting the exact scenes/storylines that Heroes ripped out of this book. Which basically means, all of it.

I forgot how much I liked reading the Night Owl's snippets from his tell all book. The story about his dad and his boss killing himself was some sad shit. The Comedian got bitchslapped and got a nice scar to boot. No does not mean Yes. I forgot how much of a prick he is.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

The Comedian didn't have the trusty "I was on Ambien" excuse to fall back on. That's why he is made of fail.

I must reread this tome some time soon. The first couple of times, I still missed so many of the little things that I pussed out and tore apart the commentary/For Dummies site.\

It's such an amazing storytelling achievement on every single level, that I feel like a simpleton whenever I try to write anything. At all. Even a grocery list. Alan Moore would agree.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Comment

Ok, about half way through of this so far. So awesome. I totally forgot about the backstory of Rorshach, and that was a great chapter. It was hard to put it down last night, but I was exhausted. Can't wait for the flick.

Comment

i just recently picked this up along with runaways. i'm rather excited to start on watchmen though. i've read through a few pages before at borders but just didn't want to invest my time, since it's a freaking long comic, at that time. i'll have to now though, since the movie is about to come out.
              The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

all other books on hold...finally reading Watchmen!

Comment

I've got pages left...not sure why I haven't finished it yet...so fucking good.
                  Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

i really shouldnt read this right before i decide to go to bed..."just one more page...then i'll go to sleep!"

Comment

I have yet to read this, everyone i know either has it or lives with someone that does... I think i will pick this up over the weekend
                      I'm Asian. I have naturally squinty eyes, which helps when reading small print/text.--Nerdious
                      Sasha Grey makes my willy do things that my balls are scared of.--Ari
                      Oh Wendy O. How she makes my balls climb into my scrotum.--Rob
                      She doesn't have a hippo shaped cock.--Ari

Comment

I've got a fuckin' chapter left and I'm done!
                        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Great book, I may read once more before the movie...
                          Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Don't have it!!! Need it!!! Don't know anybody who has it that will let me borrow it!!!! Gaddamnit!!!!
                            "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'."
                            Homer Simpson

"What if you get scared half to death twice?"
                            Steven Wright

Comment

As soons as I get it back I'll let you borrow, seems like everyone reads at a 3rd grade level and takes months to read this book
                              "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Working...
                              X