Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warhammer 40k mmo

from massively:

The folks at PC Gamer (US) had the chance to sit down with Vigil Games' General Manager David Adams and Studio Creative Director Joe Madureira for a chat about their in-development MMO. The title is a little IP called Warhammer 40k, the gritty guns-and-gremlins sibling to Warhammer Online and the Warhammer fantasy RPG. The Vigil developers offer up a far-distant preview of what they're hoping to offer in 40k once the dust settles. From the sounds of things, the 40k approach to the Warhammer world will be a lot closer to the 'mass combat' style of gameplay we see in the miniatures game.

That said, the developers also made it clear that this is going to be a roleplaying game. As they put it, "Relic has the RTS angle covered with the awesome Dawn of War series - we are making an RPG." An RPG, but with a number of twists: guns will be the primary form of combat, incredibly customizable characters, no forced grouping, and the possibility of vehicles playing an important role in the gameworld. So far Vigil is saying all the right things, offering up hope that they're going to polish until they get it right: "We want each and every race to have weight in the game world, and feel distinct. We won't include a race if we can't do them justice." Let's hope that attitude sees them through the long process of bringing an MMO to market.
    oh man i'm excited. i used to play warhammer 40k, so this is exciting news. i can't even wait for warhammer online. by the way, just to show you how nerdy i am, my friends and i played a 4 hour game of warhammer 40k with just a point total of 100 each. that equates to about 5-10 pieces each. hahahaha.
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Re: warhammer 40k mmo

I read this earlier today. Sound awesome as I love the universe it's set in. I'll get more excited ina few years when some screenshots come out.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

i guess i shouldn't get too excited since huxley has been in development hell forever... thanks webzen. but the fact there won't be forced grouping makes me even more excited. i just want an mmo that i can solo in. hahaha.

Comment

Weak sausage.

MMO = no solo

But I'll definately play with ya when this comes out. I wonder if Blizzard will try and steal their thunder with World of Starcraft?
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
          Weak sausage.

MMO = no solo

But I'll definately play with ya when this comes out. I wonder if Blizzard will try and steal their thunder with World of Starcraft?
          hahaha. i used to play beastmaster solo on ff11. solo'ing in an mmo is pro.

Comment

Working...
          X