Flight of the Navigator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight of the Navigator

" I crashed into electrical towers and my star charts were erased. I need the ones in your head to complete my mission. "

Exactly. If that line makes no sense to you, then you have never seen this sweet little flick from the 80's. The basic gist is this:

"A 12 year old boy goes missing in 1978, only to reappear once more in 1986. In the eight years that have passed, David hasn't aged. It is no coincidence that at the time David 'comes back', a flying saucer is found, entangled in electricity cables. "

For a kids movie, it's kinda dark actually. I remember being scared a bit as a kid thinking about this happening to me. But then we meet MAX and all is forgiven. Decent FX for 1986 concerning the spaceship. Granted nostalgia has probably blinded me a bit when it comes to this, but I wouldn't mind a re-make of this flick today. Plus it has a cute SJP in an early role. And she listens to Twisted Sister! Haha.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Re: Flight of the Navigator

Nostalgia isn't always a bad thing. If it makes you go back and re-watch things you enjoyed as a kid, then I don't see the problem with that. It was nostalgia that led me to buying The Monster Squad, He-Man, Thundercats, and plenty more. It only really becomes a problem when you begin to defend crap just for the sake of nostalgia. Look at the people that whine like infants over a paint change on Optimus or a costume change on a GI Joe. When you can admit that you like something for nostalgic reasons, but also admit you know it's pure crap, then carry on, I say!
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Watched the hell out of this back in the day. Forgot about the Twisted Sister. Awesome.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ari
        Nostalgia isn't always a bad thing. If it makes you go back and re-watch things you enjoyed as a kid, then I don't see the problem with that. It was nostalgia that led me to buying The Monster Squad, He-Man, Thundercats, and plenty more. It only really becomes a problem when you begin to defend crap just for the sake of nostalgia. Look at the people that whine like infants over a paint change on Optimus or a costume change on a GI Joe. When you can admit that you like something for nostalgic reasons, but also admit you know it's pure crap, then carry on, I say!
        True Ari. I guess I rely on the "nostalgia line" to attempt to thwart the "you have no taste!" line. But then I remember I'm not on CHUD....haha. But Thundercats suck.

heheh
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

You see, when I read your line, "Thundercats suck." I got pissed and was going to yell. But then I realized I only like Thundercats for nosalgic reasons, and they really do suck.

I'm proof that nostalgia is a containable disease!

Comment

Haha. Although I was all about Panthor (he's the blue one right) when I was a kid. I think it was because of his nunchuks. But what the fuck do I know? I was a huge fan of He-Man and She-Ra.

Comment

Didn't the chick thundercat have huge tits? I seem to remember thinking it seemed a little over the top for a kids cartoon.
              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

She was nekked in the first episode. Meow!

Comment

Nostalgia....I got no beef with you. Those GI Joe PSA's would be crap if it weren't for nostalgia.
                  Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Working...
                  X