Old-School LucasArts games.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old-School LucasArts games.

I really wish that publishers would give a chance to games like these, even in this day and age. I'm not talking about the new Sam and Max either. The jump from 2-D to 3-D never fucking works. It loses that charm that the hand animated sprites had and I much prefer the old style of games. I would fucking kill for a new Day of the Tentacle with some HD sprites. Who's with me?!
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Re: Old-School LucasArts games.

Abso-fucking-lutely. You know I'm with you. The Monkey Island series FTW.

Ahh, nostalgia.

Comment

It's definately part nostalgia, but also, those games are just so fucking kickass. Monkey Island was the shit until the 4th one when they tried it in 3-D. Can't put my finger on it, but the game just stopped being fun. I'm still fucking surprised they haven't ported this games to the DS, where they would fucking flourish using the stylus.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Headcheese
        I really wish that publishers would give a chance to games like these, even in this day and age. I'm not talking about the new Sam and Max either. The jump from 2-D to 3-D never fucking works. It loses that charm that the hand animated sprites had and I much prefer the old style of games. I would fucking kill for a new Day of the Tentacle with some HD sprites. Who's with me?!
        that would be f-ing awesome ;D ;D, my wife and i are big time fans of the money island series, but hate the 4th (3d) installment...

Comment

So who here has a PSP and who here has been able to hack it and play some of these on it? I know it's possible as I've seen pics. But I'm on the fence of picking up a PSP today and goddammit I want to play some Day of the Tentacle!

Comment

i have a psp but i never downloaded homebrew. mainly because there wasn't a fix out to unbrick psps. there is now, but there's no point since the gp2x is out and i would much rather run homebrew on that since it was designed to run homebrew.
            The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

What is a Gp2x? Another handheld?

Comment

aye. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GP2X. mainly for homebrew and emulation. here's a list of old pc games that you could play on the gp2x: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/GP2X/Compatibility.

also with the psp, you'd have to overclock it on some games to even get them to play decently which means crappy battery life.

Comment

Any ideas how to get Tie Fighter, x-wing vs Tie Fighter, etc to run on a PC with Vista? I installed it, but it would not let me run it.
                  Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                  Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                  POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Have you tried running it in compatability mode?

Comment

Of course. What is it?

Comment

http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?...on=file&id=653

I know it's not for Vista, but maybe this would help.

Comment

Thanks1 I'll give it a shot when I get home.

Comment

Also, I'd just like to say: Eff Vista.

I hate it.

Comment

i think everyone agrees with you there sir. too bad there's rumors of ms dropping xp this year. that is why i now use linux.

Comment

Working...
                              X