Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banjo Kazooie 3

http://kotaku.com/389447/rare-just-h...jo-3s-no-racer

Some new screenshots hit the web this weekend and everyone started to assume it was going to be a racer. Well Rare stopped that shit quick. Now I'm a fan of the other ones (even though I fucking hate COLLECT RANDOM SHIT games) and if this one is more of the same I'll probably pass. But the other interesting thing about this game is the rumor that Microsoft is making a "wii-like remote" called the Newton that is supposed to work with this game.

Either way, it should be interesting to see what Rare and Microsoft have up their sleeves.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Re: Banjo Kazooie 3

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/872/872701p1.html

Well it's called: Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

From the article:

As you may have already heard, this Banjo is not a traditional platformer like its predecessors. It's an evolution that injects user generated content into the classic platforming structure. Rather than completing a level and unlocking a power or skill to use in the next, this Banjo only gives you the parts and leaves the tool making up to you.

To say that Banjo has completely abandoned its traditional platformer roots wouldn't quite be accurate. Our hero may have lost most of his moves in favor of his new toys, but he still has a trick or two up his sleeve. He can lift things up with Mumbo, climb poles, shimmy across tight ropes, grab onto ledges and hop around like a madman, to name a few of his talents. These will come into play more in the larger hub worlds. I got a look at the first of seven hubs, called Showdown Town (this region, by the way, is the largest single gameplay region for a Rare game yet). These areas restrict the game slightly, paring it down to something more traditional. The point of these hubs? These are where players look for game globes to bring back and activate. Each game globe found gives access to new levels. That's where the real fun begins.

Each level quite literally takes place within one of the game globes. Inside you can see the plastic edges and each object inside has a distinctly artificial look as if it is all sewn together or made from blocks. It's within these globes that you'll find various challenges and assorted parts to toy around with at Mumbo's Motors -- a workshop that you'll be spending quite a bit of time in.

Everything you do in your design process affects how the vehicle will control.

Too many blocks and you'll be left with a gas guzzling tank. Too few and you'll find enemies don't have much trouble bouncing you around. Put that rocket on backwards and you might find yourself spiraling out of control when you fire the engines. In the hands of the masses, we're going to see some truly special designs. Rare gave us a glimpse at that future with a car made to look like a profile of Mario?which the demoer then sent a volley of missiles at to destroy.
    Hmmms. Sounds kind of interesting. I can some crazy games of this happening in the future with you guys. That is, if you pick it up. I know I am.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Re: Banjo Kazooie 3

New video

Hot damn that looks cool as shit. Oh Rare, don't let me down again....

Comment

Ok. So can someone explain to me why the first two games in this series are so well loved? I remember I enjoyed the art style and whatnot, but being forced to collect shit to "pad" out a level is lame.

Comment

I had a blast with the first one. But it's been a long time, and I don't think I'd dig it as much today as I once did. Hell, I don't even remember why I liked it so much. I did beat it, which is a rare (no pun intended) feat for me.
          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

I love the Banjo games. They are awesome. Nuts & Bolts looks good. I'm excited to see how the vehicles work.
            "How the fuck does your brain go Kevin Spacey~K-Pax?" - Rob

Comment

Played the demo for this. I may have to rent this to see if I really like it. IT was actually kinda fun.

Comment

I'm stoked for the new Banjo.
                "How the fuck does your brain go Kevin Spacey~K-Pax?" - Rob

Comment

Working...
                X