In This Topic, you rate my projector and sound system/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In This Topic, you rate my projector and sound system/10

For those of you that don't know me. I recently came into quite a bit of money in a lawsuit against a corporation, that I cannot talk about right now due to certain legal constrictions. I had enough money after this to do virtually anything I wanted, so like any other self-respecting american citizen, I made the best home theater I could. I built about a 100 seat theater with 30' screen and full projection booth. I decided I wanted actual theater equipment so i did a little research and bought a Strong 2000 series projector, platter system, and a mixed sound system. Total cost of all of this was about $500,000.

And for those in doubt about how I could use any of this equipment before the lawsuit I was working as a projectionist at a theater chain. I'll provide any more pictures upon request, just let me know what you want them of. ;D

The main projector body, including lens (Flat and Scope), along with the framing and some of the tension system. Not pictured is the lamp house, which is currently housing a 4500W Xenon Bulb (Actual Wattage is closer to 7K, used at 4.5K for safety.)
    [img width=675 height=900]http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/1168/img0057oi1.jpg[/img]

The platter systems along with the rest of the tension system. Currently waiting to be played is Iron Man.
    [img width=675 height=900]http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8241/img0060bc1.jpg[/img]

A giant Friggin' Laser. Showing off the Dolby DTS (Best sound you can get, essentially)
    [img width=675 height=900]http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/8838/img0063qf9.jpg[/img]

Finally, my sound rack. Pictured here is 6, yes 6 Amplifiers, PA system, and a Monitor controlling 10 speakers (6 R/L speakers, 2 Bass, and 2 Front).
    [img width=675 height=900]http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/712/img0061ve4.jpg[/img]

And last but not least, the computer I have controlling it and various other aspects of my house.
    [img width=675 height=900]http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3437/img0035uk6.jpg[/img]

Re: In This Topic, you rate my projector and sound system/10

Can you send me a picture of your IP address so I stream Ironman? You already told me what your lawsuit was all about.... why dont you explain to everyone else!
    "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

In this topic I call you a bragging braggerton. But that's just me. But nice setup.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Oh Scott, I can give you his IP address. Hahah.. FEAR MY FORUM POWER...

*totally kidding, I don't use my power for evil....
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Also, you can spend 500 K on a sweet theater setup, yet you take pictures with what looks like a cellphone camera.....EPIC FAIL.

Comment

and how much of that money was donated to the podcaust?
            You totally killed us, you evil metal dickweeds! - Bill S. Preston

Comment

That's great and all but seems really complicated. Did you use some of that lawsuit cash to hire a butler/theater technician?

Comment

Originally posted by gravedigger
                That's great and all but seems really complicated. Did you use some of that lawsuit cash to hire a butler/theater technician?
                I used to run a projection booth with this same type of system, so I know how to use all of it.

Comment

So how do you come across movies then? That's what I'm most curious about. As I'm a complete moron when it comes to equipment like that.

Comment

That whole system seems much too crazy. If it takes more than 30 seconds for me to start a film, then forget it.
                    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                      So how do you come across movies then? That's what I'm most curious about. As I'm a complete moron when it comes to equipment like that.
                      Working for Fox has some benefit's as my brother works in movie distribution and is able to loan out reel's
                      "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

Comment

So anyone can just loan a reel out and watch it?

Comment

You have to have the hook up's... and no, normally just celeb's.

Comment

Ah, ok. That makes a bit more sense. Although, what doesn't make sense is why go through the hassle of having a setup like that when you could have spent the loot on a killer fucking digital projector with insane sound setup? I mean, granted if I had 500K I have no idea what I'd spend it on, but still.

Comment

Much better investment than a fucking car. Set up is sick, every red blooded American deserves one.
                              Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Working...
                              X