Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gore Verbinski asks "Would you kindly....watch my Bioshock movie?"

http://chud.com/articles/articles/14...URE/Page1.html

Gore Verbinski will be making Bioshock for Universal. Fuck yah!

From the article:

- It's a much more intimate story than "Pirates." Although its an adventure, it?s a dramatic adventure. I see it more along the lines of "Blade Runner."

- I think we'll go right up to the edge with the Little Sisters. [The young female characters which gather genetic material in post-crash Rapture.] I don?t want to soften it to the point where the core audience feels betrayed. At the same time, the gameplay is completely different than it will be for an audience watching.

- We're prepared to make it an R-rated movie. I don?t intuitively see it as PG-13. The content and the graphic nature of the story itself is smarter than that. It's not for young kids.

- I'll be starting to work on it immediately as soon as we get a script that's worthy. We'll then move actively into pre-production. I wouldn?t put a time schedule on it so much as to say I'm jumping in with a full commitment.
    Awesome! I have full faith in Gore due to the fact that the first Pirates looked and was actually pretty awesome. And that was based off a fucking theme park ride. Even better is that he knows he can't "kiddy" this up, and that it will be rated R. I wonder how they are going to shoot the Big Daddy's? I'm hoping for either some mo-cap work or suits like in Hitchiker's guide. Could be dope. Thoughts?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Re: Gore Verbinski asks "Would you kindly....watch my Bioshock movie?"

I'm down with this, but I always feel like I shouldn't get too excited when it comes to video game movies. More often than not, I wind up dissapointed. Unless we're talking Uwe Boll.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Haha. Oh Ari.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

is the game any good? I've never played it and I think my cousin has it.
        Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

I thought it was okay. I didn't think it was the earth shattering-orgasm having game that everyone else thought it was. But it was definately a great game. Standard FPS with a really cool story and atmosphere.

Comment

Long game? If not I will try to snag it this weekend.

Comment

I beat it in a week. Not a bad game, just not the second coming. Try and save the sisters if you can the first time around.

Comment

It is a pretty interesting game. The atmosphere and the secondary characters are great. I just don't know about adapting something like this into a film; it was pretty cinematic in its own right.

Take away my right to kill/save a demon child and you sort of lose me as an audience member.

At least it will be in capable hands with Gore.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

I'm going to try and find this, I saw it used for like 15 the other day maybe I'll buy it and resell it.

Comment

Working...
                  X