Middle East Internet Outage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middle East Internet Outage

I'm probably the only one with enough nerd points to find this interesting/peculiar but maybe you've heard about an internet outage affecting the middle east. Specifically, Egypt, India, Iran, and I believe parts of Asia.

The whole situation seems quite strange to me. Initially it was reported that 2 undersea cables were cut by a boat anchor, which seems perfectly plausible. But I've also read reports that there were as many as 5 cables cut, and that it had nothing to do with boat anchors, possibly in different locations. According to some people that service these types of underwater cables, it is typical to go several or more years without seeing a cable break, and that several breaks in such a short time frame is without a doubt the result of sabotage.

Awww I can't stand it, I know you planned it.

Of course there are conspiracy theories already rolling on this but there are some oddities surrounding this story. For example, this outage appears to have no affect on Israel. Currently according to http://www.internettrafficreport.com/history/267.htm all of Iran is still off-line.

Not to be an alarmist, but there are some creepy implications (at least to me) about this story. Could it be the precursor to some evil shit that is about to happen? (Yeah, not alarmist at all.) Next evolution of information warfare?

Yikes.

Re: Middle East Internet Outage

Or maybe it's Razor and Blade. HACK THE PLANET. But yah, that is fucking creepy. Something's rotten in Denmark.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Also, who cares if Iran is offline. It's not like they're playing any MMORPG games. I mean they can just go outside and play with a real RPG.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I read on Digg the other day that the surveillance videos showed no boat/ship activity in the area... but maybe a submarine... hmmmms...

Comment

Maybe it's the "Others". Ben is behind all of it.

Comment

[img width=220 height=320]http://web.media.mit.edu/~guy/blog/images/iran_toon.gif[/img]
            "The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution." - Hannah Arendt

"It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a conservative without changing a single idea." - Robert Anton Wilson

Comment

Looks like another cable was cut... uh ohs.... http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/05/f...spicions-rise/

one of the posts the guy said " CRAB PEOPLE, CRAB PEOPLE" LOLZ

Comment

http://www.rense.com/general80/cable.htm

So many question and not enough answers.
                "The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution." - Hannah Arendt

"It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a conservative without changing a single idea." - Robert Anton Wilson

Comment

"The evidence therefore suggests that we are looking at a coordinated program of undersea cable sabotage by an actor, or actors, on the international stage with an anti-Muslim bias, as well as a proclivity for destructive violence in the Middle Eastern region."

I think it was George Clooney and Brad Pitt.

Comment

If this isn't proof of a real Cloverfield monster, then I don't know what is.
                    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Holy shit. I didn't even think of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari
                        If this isn't proof of a real Cloverfield monster, then I don't know what is.

Rob quit sending me links. HA

Comment

Clarification:

All of Iran is not off-line, just the one Iranian router internettrafficreport.com happens to be monitoring. Not that the whole thing isn't bizarre, I just don't want to be giving bunk information.

Comment

I think you are working with the monster that cut the cables. Spreading mis-information and then redacting it. I'm on to you man....

Comment

Working...
                            X