Strange Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Days

"See... I can get you what you want, I can. I can get you anything, you just have to talk to me, you have to trust me. You can trust me, 'cause I'm your priest, I'm your shrink... I am you main connection to the switchboard of he soul. I'm the magic man... Santa Claus of the subconscious. You say it, you think it, you can have it. "

I fucking love this movie. One of the better "1999 will be the end of the world" flicks. Ralph Fiennes is awesome in it along with Angela Bassett. Tom Sizemore is fucking creepy in this, and I love the SQUID hardware. Where the hell are those at? Fuck I-Phones and Sidekicks. Give me the opportunity to become a woman in a lesbian tryst dammit!
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Bumped because I still want to become a woman in a lesbian tryst dammit!
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Don't we all?

This was on heavy rotation last year.

Some of my favorite actors are all up in this shit: Wincott, Fiennes, Bassett, hot and not at all insane Juliette Lewis, Sizemore, one of the Koopas from the Mario Bros. movie, Private Pyle, Willie Fichtner, Glenn "Keanu Reeves stole my fuckin' Jag in that bus movie" Plummer.

So many familiar faces, insanely inventive camera work (which took two years of prep to pull off), and those set pieces were fucking amazing. Hell, the real millennium wasn't nearly as awesome. Thanks Hollywood!

The SQUIDS were retro-fitted MiniDisc players. And a badass plot-device.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Fuck yeah man. Not enough people have seen this flick. It's greatness. Plus Juliette Lewis titties.

Comment

That's the best she's looked.

Sweaty and barely clothed suits her. And many others.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
            Bumped because I still want to become a woman in a lesbian tryst dammit!
            There are other ways to accomplish this.
            The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Yeah, but I hate hospitals.

Comment

When my dad saw this he said it was strange and lasted for days. *rolls eyes*

I saw this some time ago, I think there are great ideas but everyone seems to be sleep walking and while the idea of LA going into anarchy is a great idea. You can tell that they really couldn't do damage because they were filming on LA streets. The film feels like a big missed opportunity to me.
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Semi-FAIL. While I wish they'd have pushed it a little further, this movie is one underrated flick. I don't get the sleep walking comment? I thought Angela and Ralph did a damn good job. Shit, even Juliette Lewis brought it. Sizemore maybe, but his character was skeezy anyways.

Comment

Sleep-walking as in they're playing their roles but they aren't really getting into it. Rather than make the characters have presence, weight or distinction. I really felt this way about Angela Basset's character, especially even though I understand her character is supposed to be this tightly wound bodyguard/limo driver. She just seemed very uninteresting.

Same applies to Finnes' character, other than sleazy ex-cop trying to scam people. There's really nothing else going for him.

Comment

You would be shouted down on the McLaughlin Group.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Comment

Anyone ever see Dana Carvey as him doing the show at the cold opening of an SNL? One of the funniest things I've ever seen. Can't find the video.
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                            You would be shouted down on the McLaughlin Group.
                            I've been banned from the McClaughlin group ever since I tried to blackmail the host with incriminating photos of him and Jack Jermond.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                              Anyone ever see Dana Carvey as him doing the show at the cold opening of an SNL? One of the funniest things I've ever seen. Can't find the video.
                              <embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i47.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid47.photobucket.com/albums/f178/supacrip/SNL-DanaCarvey-TheMcLaughlinGroup.flv">
                              Last edited by PHEDG; 03-13-2009, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X