Back to the Future 2: You're All Insane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to the Future 2: You're All Insane

the future: It sucks. It's loud loud LOUD loud LOUD LOUD LOUD with tons of screaming and running about. SHRILL LOUD. Unfunny. Crispin Glover hanging upside down is an attempt at comedy and an attempt to hide the fact that it isn't fucking Crispin Glover. Terrible makeup job on Old Biff. Unconvincing. Lame action. Hate every single second of the 'future'.

alternate present: It sucks. It's not believable at all. Terrible makeup job on middle-aged Biff. Loud loud loud loud loud SHRILL loud. Unfunny. Hate every single second of 'alternate present'.

the past: Passable. Genuinely clever intercutting with the events of the first film. It comes close to wiping out the bad taste that the first 2/3 of the film.

HATE this film.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

It's a mess of film, but you could do a lot worse in terms of overdone sequels.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
      It's a mess of film, but you could do a lot worse in terms of overdone sequels.
      OK, it's not 'Highlander 2' or 'Troll 2' bad, but come on...
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

What's the stance on BTTF 3?

Comment

What's wrong Matt, you got no SCROTE?!

No...he needs more POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWA

Edit: BttF3 also good.

Comment

I await the day of a Cafe 80s.

Comment

What's the stance on BTTF 3?
              I like it. It's not up to the quality level of the first film but it's definitely a step in the right direction.

Comment

My response to this thread.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I await the day of a Cafe 80s.
                  I would not recommend the hostage special.
                  Originally posted by Ari
                  The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

the special effects suck. I'll admit to admiring the compositing of multiple iterations of the same actor, but everything else is weak. VERY weak. It looks rushed. Seriously, all of the flying car bullshit looks 'Megaforce' quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      Seriously, all of the flying car bullshit looks 'Megaforce' quality.
                      Holy fuck!

He actually WENT THERE!

Comment

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                          I would not recommend the hostage special.
                          Mmmm, Reagan-licious

Speaking of that, I would have enjoyed seeing Reagan show up as the mayor of 1885 Hill Valley. Never came to pass.

Comment

The future: You can't please everyone. Future Hill Valley was a satirization of what the popular perception of the future entailed (i.e., your beef with flying cars). And it was also done that way to establish that even though aspects of the future were cool, Marty's life still sucked and the timeline was still skewed. As far as the "loud LOUD" OLDMANYELLSATCLOUD stuff, I can't exactly speak about that, because that is just general negativity without any explanation behind it. And it wasn't Crispin Glover, it was a Shemp.

Alternate present: It's Biff's future. Of course it sucks. It is supposed to suck. And as far as alternate 1985 goes, I guess you didn't care for the fact Hagar still remained in spite of a time paradox, the Strickland using the pistol-grip pump-action, or Billy Zane in a cowboy hat ("the eaaaasy way"). Or the fake Thompson Twins.

I too loved the overlapping moments in time. To call it only passable is being flippant.
                            Last edited by Captain Russ; 07-05-2011, 09:29 AM.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Any time period that has Nixon going five-terms is going to be hell.

FACT!

Comment

Working...
                              X